266se hard pulling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAngelotti1

Red Cows, Orange Saws
Reaction score
I just got in a 266se. Complaint was hard pulling and random dying. I am aware of known vapor lock and will deal with that after. For now I am digging into hard pulling issue. What I find is that starter is digging into flywheel! Now quick fix instincts tell me shorten starter. Fix it right tells me something else is going on in flywheel area. Unless starter is wrong which I don’t know but I put a spare 272 cover on and same issue. Any input??

Attachments

• CA66045A-95CF-43DB-A408-4EA5D43832E2.jpeg
    CA66045A-95CF-43DB-A408-4EA5D43832E2.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 18
Any chance someone had the flywheel off and didn't put it back on right? IIRC the pulley on those will wear over time too. But if another cover didn't help I'd sure look at the flywheel and make sure it's properly mounted.

I’m feeling that it’s not seated all the way. Report was that a local shop replaced coils so I’m suspicious the either replaced flywheel or removed and reinstalled. But was only flush in the beginning. A few light taps on flywheel and it is in deeper now. I’m going to run with a flywheel issue.

Latest posts

Back