266xp SE what is it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmm

That's a chainsaw dude...

:jester: hehehehehehehehehe

Not 100%, but I think thats a second edition... I fricken loveeeeee my 266XP dude. Good find mon...

:cheers: eh?

husky pro saws (depending on your idea of 'pro') are currently designated XP, in the past they were designated CD and SE/SG.

your 266 is either a 266SE with a later xp top cover (likely) or a 266xp with an older crank-case/older saws serial tag (unlikely)

Yup. Not entirely sure but believe its either XP, SE/SG (they're heated handles, sg's that is).
Differences according to Mike's site, hm, not many, but his cu. in. figures don't add up as the bore and stroke are the same, 4.1ci for the xp, 4.0 for the se/sg. As well the se/sg series states a 2 piece electronic ign. while the xp info just says its electronic.
All said and done, I :heart: MY (sortta permanently loaned to me) 266XP, a honking good saw and my baby loves canola too, more snot in it than most are comfotable with inho, do wish I had a break on it though :( ,
:D

Mike's 266 info > SE/SG-http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/13e879189389638788256d09001fbe73?OpenDocument

> XP- http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...9f5525102886abf488256b52001a33af?OpenDocument

Great scoop on a very worthy saw, hope it treats ya well! Oh to previous post, the SE I belive has the metal chain break, the XP a plastic one (what I'm sans), that should tell him what he has :)

:cheers:

Serge

Last edited:
Yup. Not entirely sure but believe its either XP, SE/SG (they're heated handles, sg's that is).
Differences according to Mike's site, hm, not many, but his cu. in. figures don't add up as the bore and stroke are the same, 4.1ci for the xp, 4.0 for the se/sg. As well the se/sg series states a 2 piece electronic ign. while the xp info just says its electronic.
All said and done, I :heart: MY (sortta permanently loaned to me) 266XP, a honking good saw and my baby loves canola too, more snot in it than most are comfotable with inho, do wish I had a break on it though :( ,

Mike's 266 info > SE/SG-http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/13e879189389638788256d09001fbe73?OpenDocument

> XP- http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...9f5525102886abf488256b52001a33af?OpenDocument

Great scoop on a very worthy saw, hope it treats ya well! Oh to previous post, the SE I belive has the metal chain break, the XP a plastic one (what I'm sans), that should tell him what he has :)

Serge

it does have the metal chainbrake, just curious what it stood for, can't wait to get it going, needs a new piston/ring. Maybe it stands for Stihl Eater.:hmm3grin2orange: JUST KIDDING! Don't need to go there again!

it does have the metal chainbrake, just curious what it stood for, can't wait to get it going, needs a new piston/ring. Maybe it stands for Stihl Eater.:hmm3grin2orange: JUST KIDDING! Don't need to go there again!
Nah, it stands for 'Schoooper Eckstraspechill'
*prays to something 'r other fer it not ta turn into another episode of 'Sa-Wa's'*

Parts seem to be readily available from several sources, mostly e-bayers though but I think there's enough Husky fans out there to help you get the best deal, some of our esteemed sponsors for example. Good luck and have some fun!

:cheers;

Serge

brake

My 266XP, and it ONLY says 266XP on the tag with serial number, had the metal brake. I bought the newer plastic one for $80. not that it needed it, buttttttt every once in a while someone else grabs it and I get worried about those danged scheister attorneys going to town on me being unsafe, lmfao...

I've had my 266XP for almost 3 yrs, I love it, has been very reliable and is one of my all time favorite saws...

My 266XP, and it ONLY says 266XP on the tag with serial number, had the metal brake. I bought the newer plastic one for $80. not that it needed it, buttttttt every once in a while someone else grabs it and I get worried about those danged scheister attorneys going to town on me being unsafe, lmfao...

I've had my 266XP for almost 3 yrs, I love it, has been very reliable and is one of my all time favorite saws...

Well, learn somethin' every day Cisco, I was just going by the limited info on the Acre's site, I made a wrong assumption as what is left of my brake seems to be the plastic ilk, love to find a metal assy one day when flush but I just tend to be a whole lot more careful w/o it. :chainsaw: < (piture of me being careful)

Serge

Serial number

Well, learn somethin' every day Cisco, I was just going by the limited info on the Acre's site, I made a wrong assumption as what is left of my brake seems to be the plastic ilk, love to find a metal assy one day when flush but I just tend to be a whole lot more careful w/o it. :chainsaw: < (piture of me being careful)

Serge

I'm interested to see what the nameplate with serial number says... Good info Sprig. I hadn't even thought about the heated handles thing... I do have the old side cover from the metal assbly if you need it, it's just sitting with no guts in it...

:popcorn:

I'm interested to see what the nameplate with serial number says... Good info Sprig. I hadn't even thought about the heated handles thing... I do have the old side cover from the metal assbly if you need it, it's just sitting with no guts in it...

:popcorn:
Thanks for the kind offer man, but, it ain't no good w/o the whole bit, my inner assembly just isn't there (no band, nada, and no idea what is actually missing), however my side cover are kinda sad, hmmmmmmmmmmm, me think a bit, but really man thanks. Kk, staggerd outside in da sleet and wind, its my starter side thats ugly, oh welp. (hey hey, da saw's on the porch eh!)
I think it was Clearence that said to me what a great saw these are, I am inclined to agree wit him. On the wood lot the other day I had a 4 1/2 ft diam x 10ft ugly old maple log to deal with, on top of the log pile about 5-6ft off the ground, but sideways........ I had enough confidence in the saw to cut it off and not worry about it dying, never did, think with good care it'll cut for a while yet.
For the curious sorts I'm running a 24-25" bar with 3/8ths full skip chisel, cuts like a demon imho. :D

Serge (near the point of blather, somewhere off da Southern coast of Sheesh)

I picked up a 266xp the other day and the tag reads 266SE serial#7170388.
What is the SE designation??

The serial# indicates that it was made 1987, week 17.

That means that it may have been made in the transition period, when the SE saws were renamed XP.

There were some changes to the 266 during production, but I have seen no proof which of them happened exactly when the name changed.......

It started with 140S.

When 240 came It had SE and SG.
SE was just for electronic ignition, no points.
SG same as SE but is with Generator for heated handles.
This followed thry till XP series started.

There was also FE and FG these were fitted Nordfeller.

Last edited:
Back