272 Xp Starts Hard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COPPER

Reaction score
I have a fairly well used 272xp that i bought recently. I rebuilt the carburator and put in a new fuel line because it would barely run when i got it. It now runs really well but takes at least 20 pulls to start it when it is cold. After it starts it will start easily again. I have checked the compression on the saw which is at 130psi. I have checked the choke to make sure it is closing all the way, i have also checked the plastic block behind the carburator to make sure the impulse hole is clear. I was hoping for some ideas for a cure.

thanks

There are two suspects here.

First is the new fuel line. I'll assume You used Husq or the yellow clear stuff for fuel line and that there are no gas leaks when the saw is upside down.

#2 is the pump inside the carb.

Or impulse line I'm assuming you changed it.

Fred

20 Pulls

Cooper,
From the sound of this it tells me that the gas is draining back into the tank.After you pull your arm off it finally runs.The past post made a valid point.I would suspect the diaphram may have a very small hole in it. This would allow the gas to return back into the tank.Possibly a bad seat whear the needle valve opens or closes. A small bit of dirt or other foreign matter may be the culprit. Good luck, Ken

Latest posts

Back