281xp Craigslist find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CascadeHusky

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Grabbed a 281xp off of CL today. Hightop, 300th aniv. edition(I realize that simply means '89)

I know these are the 288's little brother, but I'm still pretty excited about a 27 year old saw that looks just about brand new. These photos are from the ad, I was worried it wouldn't look as good in person. It looks better. Didn't even look inside yet.

Anyone need a metal flagged brake from one of these? I understand they are NLA. Although once I take a real look at the saw I might be afraid to break anything up (or even put to hard use)

00Y0Y_3cT1RbbtMWQ_600x450.jpg 00S0S_41jMWurt0rH_600x450.jpg 00w0w_2Ij7XkyZw2X_600x450.jpg

It does need a new air filter...the (likely) original foam filter came with it. It is the only part of the saw that looks 27 years old. New one costs about $30...

Nice find[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is also a Kolbournschmitt cyl.

It has a KS cylinder.

It also has scoring on the piston...so much for my once in a lifetime find. Usually I check, but at this price I got caught up by the shiny and didn't want a reason not to buy...also, I was convinced they were not going lower regardless. Poor buying, but oh well.

Didn't have time to check compression yet.

20160607_204615.jpg

Latest posts

Back