288 XtraPower by Mastermind

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unatool

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
288 XtraPower by Mastermind Saw Works - YouTube

Mastermind Saw Works (re)built my 288 XP hightop saw recently. Finally found a tree big enough to sink into...
Randy put new crank seals, rings, carb kit, etc to give it new life. Rubbed his foredom in the piston too.

It has been hot in the Pacific North West (don't blink!) and we found a nice job by the Lake here. Trim and Remove old Alders.
This tree had heavy lean over the water. Homeowner wants to tie his new boat to the little bulkhead.
It is not common to cut trees into a lake or ocean here... kinda frowned on by the Salmon & drinking water folks. Well, I just had to make a video of flopping an Alder into the Lake - might not get that chance again. :)

SO! thankyou Randy. Awesome saw. Feels like it has more in her... I will have to tune it to Sea Level. Today was the first day we got to use it. Awesome...

p.s - got no sticker with this one? Hey man - gotta have a steeker. :)

Got one of those out in the barn, you'll really appreciate it when you sink it in some big wood.

Had a 42" on mine and buried it and she just put a big smile on me.

looks like you didn't even have to put any effort into that back cut :D sounded awesome...

Mastermind Saw Works (re)built my 288 XP hightop saw recently. Finally found a tree big enough to sink into...
Randy put new crank seals, rings, carb kit, etc to give it new life. Rubbed his foredom in the piston too.

It has been hot in the Pacific North West (don't blink!) and we found a nice job by the Lake here. Trim and Remove old Alders.
This tree had heavy lean over the water. Homeowner wants to tie his new boat to the little bulkhead.
It is not common to cut trees into a lake or ocean here... kinda frowned on by the Salmon & drinking water folks. Well, I just had to make a video of flopping an Alder into the Lake - might not get that chance again. :)

SO! thankyou Randy. Awesome saw. Feels like it has more in her... I will have to tune it to Sea Level. Today was the first day we got to use it. Awesome...

Here's your pic brother Steve.

248876d1345173883-288xpower-mastermind-jpg

And your video.....

[video=youtube;7DZmtkVneaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7DZmtkVneaM[/video]

I ran out of stickers so I'll have to send out a few. I was working on a different design but here in the sticks we take what we can get. :(

You need some big wood for that beast to shine in. :)

Last edited:
Sounds really good. Hoping to own one soon but cant find anyone that wants to let one go.

Randy is right... this saw needs something bigger to cut.

How 'bout this Cottonwood?

View attachment 249108

I was only hired to trim this 8 1/2 ft diameter tree...
if you look close - you'll see my 200T on the ground!

He did the same on one of mine.... wound up trading the saw off. :hmm3grin2orange: It was around the time of the 'sticker change'. :dizzy:Nah, got rid of it bc I had too many saws in the same cc range.

Randy is right... this saw needs something bigger to cut.

How 'bout this Cottonwood?

View attachment 249108

I was only hired to trim this 8 1/2 ft diameter tree...
if you look close - you'll see my 200T on the ground!

Monster cottonwood. Ya need my Wraptor, eh?

I've got scads of ported saws, but have talked to Randy about doing one for me...either my Makita 6401 with a 79 cc top end...but it cuts quite nicely with just its ported muffler. It easily beats my muffler modded 75 cc 372/375, which is low hours. I'll prolly send it to Randy to massage.

Don't need them, what with two ported 346's and a ehp 357, but I'm tempted to get either a 562 or 550 or both...of course they wouldn't stay stock!!

I subscribed to your YT channel and made a comment.

I'm glad it cooled down, going back to work after over a week away, shooting scads of pics at the ITCC and attending the conference. Man, would I hire the women's champ Veronika in a heartbeat.....
ITCC Portland 2012 - a set on Flickr

Monster cottonwood. Ya need my Wraptor, eh?

I've got scads of ported saws, but have talked to Randy about doing one for me...either my Makita 6401 with a 79 cc top end...but it cuts quite nicely with just its ported muffler. It easily beats my muffler modded 75 cc 372/375, which is low hours. I'll prolly send it to Randy to massage.

Don't need them, what with two ported 346's and a ehp 357, but I'm tempted to get either a 562 or 550 or both...of course they wouldn't stay stock!!

I subscribed to your YT channel and made a comment.

I'm glad it cooled down, going back to work after over a week away, shooting scads of pics at the ITCC and attending the conference. Man, would I hire the women's champ Veronika in a heartbeat.....
ITCC Portland 2012 - a set on Flickr

We both know that when it comes to ported saws.....need has nothing to do with it. :laugh:

Great pics......thanks for the link!!!!

Here's Steve's Cottonwood.....

249108d1345352698-nooksack-cottonwood-jpg

What a tree!!!

Latest posts

Back