29 pound mega monster maul

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the idea of that thing is to burn less wood for the simple reason being that after swinging it for a while you're gonna sleep through the night weather it's 70* or 45* in the house.

Good one, spot on!! I think I'd rather be hemmed up in a Boston Cradle or Half Nelson Chicken Wing for half a day than be on the wrong end of that 29lb thing. Lol

Buncha wimps and whiners around here. :p Where can I get one? :muscle:

Seriously though, different people have different strength, and if someone can get used to swinging a 29-lb maul, then go for it. If you use appropriate form, I don't see how that will do any damage to the body unless you drop it on your foot. It'll certainly build muscle.

Still, I prefer my 8 pounder, but then I've never tried anything else except axes and the Fiskars. I'd like to swing around that monster for a while.

Buncha wimps and whiners around here. :p Where can I get one? :muscle:

Seriously though, different people have different strength, and if someone can get used to swinging a 29-lb maul, then go for it. If you use appropriate form, I don't see how that will do any damage to the body unless you drop it on your foot. It'll certainly build muscle.

Still, I prefer my 8 pounder, but then I've never tried anything else except axes and the Fiskars. I'd like to swing around that monster for a while.

Yeh buddy 'stache'...and in the meantime while you're waiting on this animal to arrive by 'freight truck'...strap a cinder block to the end of an unused axe handle and start swinging and a preppin. "But wait, there's more...if you order in the next 30 mins, we'll send you twice the backache, all you have to do is pay S/H for the second one." You go get'em big dog. :)

Man!!! I'll buy 3!!!! I'll use that bad boy all day and night , ain't afraid of a little weight on a stick.

When I go to the county fairs they kick me out after ringing the bell so hard it falls off the top of the slider!!!

Get me a couple for back up!!

How much, ???
Actually I paid $115 for it. He made to one for himself and the other one he sold on eBay

Actually I paid $115 for it. He made to one for himself and the other one he sold on eBay

Is he planning on making more??? Me and the stachman might be in for one.

That is really cool!!!

Prolly could get a couple dudes from the gym could wing that thing around, I'm gonna name mine the "Shaq"

Ever heard the saying "ya gotta be tuff if your gonna be stupid",,?

Must be one tough SOB.

One of my older brothers has a sayin that he still repeats to this day, the first time I heard it was as a young kid back in the 70's. Only 5 words and it goes a little something like this..."Now go get you some." Lol

Having used a Sotz Monster Maul for over 30 years there is no way I would ever consider using a 29 pound maul. It would be like me trying to hit a baseball with a 42" baseball bat that weighs 6 pounds. The art of manual splitting is about control, finesse and head speed. Using a lighter tool which strikes the wood faster will create more force and produce better results.

Having used a Sotz Monster Maul for over 30 years there is no way I would ever consider using a 29 pound maul. It would be like me trying to hit a baseball with a 42" baseball bat they weighs 6 pounds. The art of manual splitting is about control, finesse and head speed. Using a lighter tool which strikes the wood faster will create more force and produce better results.
U r correct. F=1/2mvsquared

So yes, the velocity has more effect than mass!!!

bench_press_train_parts.jpg

It has about nearly 2 times as much momentum as an 8# maul swung twice as fast. Momentum splits wood, not energy. I think it is an accident waiting to happen however
Here this whole time I believed it took force to rip the wood fibers apart but it doesn't, just takes momentum eh?

Here this whole time I believed it took force to rip the wood fibers apart but it doesn't, just takes momentum eh?

.460 Weatherby has about 8,000 ft lbs of kinetic energy but it won't split a 12" round of ash. Momentum is mass x velocity. All of these archery manufacturers who tout KE in their advertising are putting out BS and they know it. Bowhunters shooting elephants shoot 1,000 grain arrows at 200 fps, not 400 gr at 340

Latest posts

Back