3/8 20in on 550xpg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brushwacker

Brushwacker

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Want to know from those who have used 3/8 20" or 18" i expect wouldn't be much different.
I probably run the equivalent of about 3 to 4 tanks of fuel through mine with 18in. 325.. Not the power i expected from the hype i hear but it runs good. My 034super feels to have significantly more grunt with its 3/8 20 , so of course I am not switching to achieve increase in s power. My goal is to avoid another size chain loop to keep at hand, extend the reach of the saw for less bending and hopefully improve fuel economy. It worked well for me in all 3 categories in the past with an 026pro. So I expect the 550xpg likely will do fine so equipped. I bought the saw for the heated handle and mostly cutting firewood in cold weather. Don't plan on pushing it through much wood over 15in . It's primary use is for smaller stuff and if i need to warm my hands up I might cut a few bigger rounds now and then.

Wood Doctor
"My goal is to avoid another size chain loop to keep at hand, extend the reach of the saw for less bending and hopefully improve fuel economy. It worked well for me in all 3 categories in the past with an 026 pro."
--------------------------
It's really hard to surpass the performance of a Stihl 026 PRO:
1644364809984.jpeg
I did it perhaps by using a Husqvarna 353 and paying more for it, but not by much, and the 026 PRO will also pull an 18" bar/chain that I now have on the Husky 353.

Latest posts