3 fun projects - was handed over for free

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartDalb

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Went out to help an old friend and after having spent some hours cleaning out a lot of stuff from his workshop etc.
The guy pulled out these 3 and asked me if I wanted to take them off his hands.
:clap:
Partner P70
McCulloch double eagle 57
Partner 490

Fun stuff, really looking forward to that P70!

:cheers:
Having not done any (or very little) on Partner and McC, I might need some advice on these, here and there.

Attachments

• DSC_1783.JPG
    DSC_1783.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC_1784.JPG
    DSC_1784.JPG
    542.7 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_1785.JPG
    DSC_1785.JPG
    507.1 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_1786.JPG
    DSC_1786.JPG
    592.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_1787.JPG
    DSC_1787.JPG
    619.2 KB · Views: 24
Under the cover of the Titan 57 you will find a bag of worms.
View attachment 913376
Unless someone has already replaced all of the lines the originals will crumble at the lightest touch.

Mark
Omg that is sooo helpful and detailed. Thanks a ton for posting that!
I haven't opened her up yet, probably will tonite, and ill post up a picture of how bad it is :drinkingcoffee:

Under the cover of the Titan 57 you will find a bag of worms.
View attachment 913376
Unless someone has already replaced all of the lines the originals will crumble at the lightest touch.

Mark
Hello Mark, hope you are having a great day.
Just thought I would tell you thanks for the pic of the line routing on this saw. I would like to ask if the anti-collapse/kink springs inside the lines were factory or were they a add on?

Rags

Found the original bar and chain for the P70

Old school bar with no "rolls" in the front end of the bar?
The inprint can still be read, looking closely.
Think it says...
20" 0.58
Pioneer - Canada

Wonder if, when the saw runs again, I should try using this bar and chain :)

Hardnose bars were the only option in the early days. Most had Stellite or similar treatments and the nose outlasted the bar grooves in most cases. It does increase drag on the chain, particularly when you are making a cut with the top of the bar. Hardnose bars are still popular for guys that have to do a lot of stump cutting since there is no bearing to fail if the nose gets into the dirt. With a hardnose bat you can run any pitch chain you wish as long as you can find a suitable drum.

Mark

Hardnose bars were the only option in the early days. Most had Stellite or similar treatments and the nose outlasted the bar grooves in most cases. It does increase drag on the chain, particularly when you are making a cut with the top of the bar. Hardnose bars are still popular for guys that have to do a lot of stump cutting since there is no bearing to fail if the nose gets into the dirt. With a hardnose bat you can run any pitch chain you wish as long as you can find a suitable drum.

Mark
Again, solid information you share.
Thanks alot! :bowdown:

This bar does have some visible wear in front, other than that it is really solid shape.

I am basically waiting for a carb Kit at this point.
Fuel line has been replaced, the vent line is in prime condition.
I will replace both the gaskets on the carb side, and check the manifold condition.

I see no reason this P70 won't run for years when the carb gets renewed/cleaned etc.

P70 a great saw start good good av great lay out of controlls all metal construction except top cover.Same performance as Jonsered 670 or Husky 266.I prefer the P70 over the 670 or 266 but they are all good saws.
Kash

Back