30w and Gear oil ratio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruckle

Reaction score
I have some gear oil that I would to use up by mixing it with 30w for bar oil. Can somebody tell me approx. what the ratio should be?

I dunno about ratio, but thinning it out untill if flows like slightly thin Maple syrup sounds about right, and this time of year either Hydro or Diesel would be better than 30wt as you will use less.

Just gotta keep the pump happy.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I dunno about ratio, but thinning it out untill if flows like slightly thin Maple syrup sounds about right, and this time of year either Hydro or Diesel would be better than 30wt as you will use less.

Just gotta keep the pump happy.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thanks for the reply.
How does that Homelite Super XL run for you. My Dad has one that has to 30 years old now that I was going to try to convince to give me but I hear a lot of guys say bad things about it. I can't remember my Dad having much trouble with and it seemed like we cut a lot of. On the other hand I think he also always had somebody else tuning it up for him once a year whereas I try/have to do all my own maintenance.

I have some gear oil that I would to use up by mixing it with 30w for bar oil. Can somebody tell me approx. what the ratio should be?

Shoot, i know a whole mess load of people will tell me other wise. I just use (this is if it is on hand and dont have to pay for it) I just use straight sae 30w motor oil. Ams oil or what ever.
-ac

Back