346xp looking at one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakethesnake

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi I'm new looking to buy one for a while. Found the older one with the 45 cc the guy selling it has put an after market closed port 50cc top on it does that make it anywhere near the latest discontinued 346? Would you buy a rebuilt saw? Thanks

It's an ebay deal I just missed one on craigs list for 300 Guy said it was a quality top end on it at 50cc he did say aftermarket though I don't know the guy so I'm sorta like you say afraid of it

i wouldn't be picky about which 346 you get as long as it's OEM. i honestly prefer the OE myself.

I would take the 45cc 346 oem top end over an aftermarket top end, the aftermarket top end isn't a desirable feature IMO.

There is only a few kits on ebay that are modeled after the 346xp which is 44.3mm. Most are the 350/353 45mm with the removable transfer port covers.

Not knowing what brand the top end is I would not touch it. Not dive right it could perform less than a brand new 450

The guy did message me back said it was aTaiwan kit seems to know his stuff from messaging back and forth 360$ fair price I guess but I think I'll pass for now can't knock the guy he seemed to be a straight shooter

This was the fellas response

Hello! I was told by the supplier it was Hyway, from Taiwan. Came in the supplier's own packaging, so cannot confirm brand. It does look to be better quality workmanship/casting than some I have seen. I have used one other of these kits already, put it on a local tree service guy's saw, no issues so far. This saw does not have the Cat muffler, but if you do find a nice 346 that has the Cat muffler that you like, I wouldn't let that stop me from buying it, as the Cat muffler is easily replaced with a $10.00 aftermarket non-cat muffler. Other than the Cat muffler and the green gas cap, they are the same. Thanks!

Wondering how you think that saw would perform I have a rancher 55 that I love with the 325 18 inch setup and a 455 rancher with a 3-8 20 setup I guess the question is would the 346 with .325 18 outcut the 455? Most trees I cut are hedgerows some large tree 28 inch or so most considerably less. Will the 346 bury an 18 inch considerably better than say the 455 would with the same setup ?

Thank you. Seems I'd like a pro husq a little larger need a new saw like I need another hole in my.... Thank you guys for the help just curious never ran a pro saw probably will own one one day. What size husky would match up real nice with an 18 to say 22 bar?

I purchased 0ne off E-bay that was supposed to be all oem and I learned you have to word your questions to seller just right are you will get a rebuilt boat anchor! The saw arrived and I filled tanks and cranked right up ,it idled perfect ,revved perfect and I put it in wood and it lasted about 1 minute,burned slap up . Tore it down and cylinder was painted black and even the piston was painted black! I now own a 600+ dollar 346 I rebuilt all oem. just my .02.IMG_0009.JPG

Thank you. Seems I'd like a pro husq a little larger need a new saw like I need another hole in my.... Thank you guys for the help just curious never ran a pro saw probably will own one one day. What size husky would match up real nice with an 18 to say 22 bar?
365 Special, 372xp are nice saws with 24" bars. Plenty of power.

Did the paint burn it up that really sucks man
Do not no for sure! Contacted seller and told him not oem and he said I did not specify which parts were oem . He then told me the usual I caused failure. I could have went to ebay with it but chalked it up lesson learned. There are some good reputable people right here that can fix you up with a good saw. As for me I will never buy another saw on e-bay.

Latest posts

Back