346xp vs. 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK...I admit I have cad....and the answer for me was a 346xp and masterminded 261c! The 346 is a screaming scalpel... I love that about it. The 261c is a little heavier but acts like a bigger saw. i would rather limb with the 346 but the 261c is better at felling.

I guess husky did not exploit the outer clutch as well as they could have on the 346 then, due to the fact it no way handles any better than the 026. They are both pretty equal in that regard, and being the 026 weighs less only makes it more nimble. I like the 346 a lot, as do I like a 026 a lot. How do you feel about the

They surely did, and the 346xp handles a lot better than the 026 for limbing etc - but I always liked the 026 quite a bit anyway, simply because it is light and good quality. It lacks a really good top end though.
The US version of the 260 is of course another story, as it is seriously "detuned".

Btw, watch what you are doing when you quote a post and answer it! :givebeer:

Hey Niko, the exhaust duration is higher on the260 VS the 026.......see what that does to torque?

Now if we are talking torque in a 50cc saw....the buck stops at my masterminded 261c...case closed on torque...lid locked.

Now if we are talking torque in a 50cc saw....the buck stops at my masterminded 261c...case closed on torque...lid locked.

A great amount of low end torque is besides the point with a 50cc saw - it just is irrelevant to what those saws are made for. Torque backup just below max hp rpm, and at higher rpm, is another story! :)

When people post about torque, they should specify what rpm range it is about - as torque without rpm is no good, as is rpm without torque.;)

The 261c ported is the perfect all around firewood saw for small to medium trees. A ported 346 is ultimate screaming screaming limbing saw. The 261 is like a handy small pickup truck that works perfectly for it intended use. The 346 is like driving an exciting race car....just plain fun when limbing. The 550 may actually handle even better but just ever so less exciting that a perfectly tuned and ported 346.

I remember when I only had one saw......an 028. I had that saw for 15 years.

It helped me heat my home all those years......I never knew it had poor sideways balance.

The MS261C-M is light years ahead of that 028........

I switch up between 16" 3/8 and 18" .325 on my mastermind 261c. I slightly prefer 3/8...but it balances better with the .325 18".

Latest posts

Back