346xp vs. 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
346 OE or NE? Stock, the Older 026 and the 346OE are pretty close on power, the 026 seems to have a wee bit more torque. 026 IIRC is a little lighter. The 026 has a inboard clutch vs an out board clutch on the 346's. Some say the 346 handles better because of this, but I can't tell. Better air filtration on the 346 although the air injection does not keep the filter clean as long as some other husky models with it. The 346 has poor sideways balance, as it will tip over to the bar side easily when you put it down. The NE 50cc 346 has more power and torque than any series of 026.

346XP NE will roll down a hill on its own, 026 will stay where you left it. 346 felt wrong to me , especially after reading about it's amazing handling, balance, and the cutting power of a 395 but weighs as much as an empty box of matches.... It's a nice saw but after using one for a fair while I bought an ms261 which I much prefer.

I've owned them both and their both great saws but smoothness, filtration and power are at the top when I consider a saw. You know which one is better at all.

The 026 is a nice saw but it really isn't a fair comparison. The 346 with a muffler mod is close to perfection for me.

346 OE or NE? Stock, the Older 026 and the 346OE are pretty close on power, the 026 seems to have a wee bit more torque. 026 IIRC is a little lighter. The 026 has a inboard clutch vs an out board clutch on the 346's. Some say the 346 handles better because of this, but I can't tell. Better air filtration on the 346 although the air injection does not keep the filter clean as long as some other husky models with it. The 346 has poor sideways balance, as it will tip over to the bar side easily when you put it down. The NE 50cc 346 has more power and torque than any series of 026.

The 346xp has excellent sideways balance - that is the main reason that it handles so well for limbing etc, and the slim and slightly rounded underside helps a little as well. Never mind if it some times falls over - it doesn't matter, as you know which way it will go..
An outboard clutch, when exploited properly in the design, will always be an asset regarding the handling qualities of a saw.

The 346xp has excellent sideways balance - that is the main reason that it handles so well for limbing etc, and the slim and slightly rounded underside helps a little as well. Never mind if it some times falls over - it doesn't matter, as you know which way it will go..
An outboard clutch, when exploited properly in the design, will always be an asset regarding the handling qualities of a saw
I guess husky did not exploit the outer clutch as well as they could have on the 346 then, due to the fact it no way handles any better than the 026. They are both pretty equal in that regard, and being the 026 weighs less only makes it more nimble. I like the 346 a lot, as do I like a 026 a lot. How do you feel about the 026?

Back