346xp vs. 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what impressed me most about the 026, no matter how deep I buried the bar it never slowed down, I started this thread after seeing a 346 in the trading post and have always wanted one, but think I will stick to the two 50cc saws I already have, thanks for the input.
Ya don't know what yer missin. I'll never be without a 346xp.

At least get your 026 ported! ;)

What's the difference in the 346OE and NE I'm still trying to figure the different saws ain't really paid much attention til recently only had a wild thing and a 025 past 6 years or so I bought a decent deal in a 394xp and sent it to Terry L. But I'm looking to get a smaller saw ported and I've really been weighing hard on the 346 but this thread has got me to thinking about a 261

Kennethe

I'm a little late to the party but the torque conversation came up. The 550/2253 when ported has plenty of torque. They get overlooked quite a bit more in their ability to be a 1 saw firewood guy's go to.

What's the difference in the 346OE and NE I'm still trying to figure the different saws ain't really paid much attention til recently only had a wild thing and a 025 past 6 years or so I bought a decent deal in a 394xp and sent it to Terry L. But I'm looking to get a smaller saw ported and I've really been weighing hard on the 346 but this thread has got me to thinking about a 261

Kennethe
OE- Old Edition 45cc. 1999-2006?

NE-New Edition 50cc and a couple other minor differences. 2007-2012?

I have both, OE since 2001. I'll not ever get rid of either! :)

I timed some cuts with my ne346 stocker against my buddies stock 260 and I beat him on average By @ 1.5 seconds on a 6" piece of hickory. Both saw wearing 18" comparable chains. The interesting thing when we jumped up to bigger wood 12-14" hard as hell ash I beat him by even more. I don't underestimate the torque of the ne346. :chainsaw:

I timed some cuts with my ne346 stocker against my buddies stock 260 and I beat him on average By @ 1.5 seconds on a 6" piece of hickory. Both saw wearing 18" comparable chains. The interesting thing when we jumped up to bigger wood 12-14" hard as hell ash I beat him by even more. I don't underestimate the torque of the ne346. :chainsaw:
There sure is some misconception about the torque of a 346xp.

Plenty of torque for a stock 50cc saw. But even mo better ported! :D

I use them as firewood/logging saws, not limbers!

Back