352 oil change

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogdad

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just changed oil for the first time with 50 hours on my machine . I used the INSIDE plug to drain the oil. After changing oil and checking the level, the oil was still black. I was surprised to see this since I had drained it all(?) and added the new oil. I kept the engine level while changing it. Do any of you guys tilt the motor to where the grinding wheel is up which might make it drain better?

you know when it is level when the spirit level on the side says its level, the oil drain plug is on the sump...inside drain plug???? dunno...

Ther are two plugs that can be used to drain the oil. One is on the end and one is more in the middle of the filter side.

Black oil

Is it diesel you can change oil in deisels,some,and right after you change it. It will still be black my 6.5 chevy is like that so is my deutz on 1 of my stump grinders. Hope this helps. Tony:)

Yep its diesel. I just figured that once all the old oil ran out that the new oil would appear on the dipstick after changing oil.

Latest posts

Back