357xp It wont cure cancer, but it does cut wood!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunfish

Fish Head
Reaction score
As some of you will remember, I was asking what saw to get that had a bit more grunt than my old 346xp (which I love). I didn't want 70cc (that might change), or a very heavy saw.

I was leaning hard toward a 357 but the price of a new one seemed too high to me. I couldn't find a MS361 either. Yes, I probably would have bought a Stihl :) A month ago a member here offered me a lightly used, 2 year old 357 at a fair price and I grabbed it.

I cut a couple rounds when I first got it and liked it, but it was too hot to get out in the woods. Yesterday I bucked up a large red oak (24" at base). The saw ran perfect and made quick work of the oak.

It's noticeably heavier that the 346, but has enough extra power to justify the weight. The 346 seems just as fast in wood up to 10-12" but the 357 really rips in larger wood. Has that same quick throttle and high RPM. Very smooth also.

This 357 is a keeper and will wear an 18" bar most of the time. The 20" that came with it was nice in the larger oak though and I'll use it when needed.

A muff mod on the 346 made a good difference, so will do the 357 also. Being used and not a huge investment, I might just port it :)

I am still going to get a new 346xp, Just Because! And I'm looking forward to checking out the 560xp when it shows up.

What say you other 357xp owners? Anybody had one ported? I did read an old thread about a ported 357, was very positive.

357wood1.jpg

sugi1.jpg

346xp muff mod...
MM1.jpg

:cheers:

Last edited:
I like mine. I bought a 357 and a 361 and I was going to sell the one I didn't want to keep. Ended up keeping both!

You don't have Cancer do you? Hopefully you're joking....
Anyway I have a Husky 357 and I like it, doesn't get much use though because I have a 346 and a 372 and it kinda falls in between.

No joke, but on the mend. Still looks like a good saw to me.

Glad you're on the mend! I really didn't know how to respond to that. :(

The "Cures Cancer" comment is a saying for certain models that folks claim to do everything, miraculously...

Thanks folks!

It seems what Troll says has been the most touted cure I've seen on this site, but those Huskies with the Sugihari bars look sweet.

Sorry about not taking the cancer comment seriously, has been too much joking with it on here, I guess! :blush:

If it is the kind most men your age get, the prognoses probably are good though - all I know that had it have been cured! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back