357xp vs. 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manual will love you for that!!!!

I haven't seen many Dolmars, but from what I have seen there is not a lot of difference, but surely some.....

If you are after the best looking saws, go with Jonsered........:biggrinbounce2:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can see the rep pouring in now!!!!!!

I haven't seen many Dolmars, but from what I have seen there is not a lot of difference, but surely some.....

If you are after the best looking saws, go with Jonsered........:biggrinbounce2:

LOL good point SAw troll
If your not looking for a
Bubble head >>>>>> Dolmar
Hump back >>>>>> Husky
FAT ARSE >>>>>> Stihl
Go with the

Lean machine >>>>>JONSERED <<<<<<

Not

LOL good point SAw troll
Hump back >>>>>> Husky
FAT ARSE >>>>>> Stihl
Go with the

Out of all of those, the johnnys look the worse.......They should be colorful like the wildthings:biggrinbounce2:

I think it's a mistake to start with a bigger saw than you need. Now you've limited how many times you can say, "I need a bigger saw.":deadhorse:

not ot bring up dead horses.
I would get the 372 , therefore I would not be limited in the cut.
then later get the 357 or be able to take a good look at the new 346xp coming out.

LOL good point SAw troll
Hump back >>>>>> Husky
FAT ARSE >>>>>> Stihl
Go with the

I tried to repp ya back manny but it wont let me YeTTTTTT!!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

I would go with the 372 XP!!!!!

I will admit those Johnnies are very nice looking saws,,,, Hey.... my huskie 266 has a j-red starter cover,,,, Does that count??????? :chainsawguy: :blob2:

Hows that Boy doing Manny,,, still got the prayers working OT,,,,

Last edited:
LOL good point SAw troll
Hump back >>>>>> Husky
FAT ARSE >>>>>> Stihl
Go with the

Out of all of those, the johnnys look the worse.......They should be colorful like the wildthings:biggrinbounce2:

If thats your taste; Wellllll theres a lot of single woman up here just waiting for you.:hmm3grin2orange:

Split the differance and get the Jonyred 2165 for $509 and use the money you save on both and buy a couple bars.
I have a 2165 and a 575. I like the Jonny better. I should have gotten the a 2171 or a 272 instead of the 575. Other than being able to run a 32'' bar on the 575, I could have used my 2165 for ever, it shreads with the 24'' bar and I really don't notice any perfomance differance from the bigger saw.

All of 'em are;) Unless it has a different filter cover.....

The low cover and filter is standard here, no need for the high one.....

attachment.php
.....SawWitch is holding the saw....

Last edited:
Dude, thats a pretty hot deal on that saw, you buy it yet?

Chuck

No I haven't yet. I'll order it up this week...tues or wed. When it comes in I'll post a few pics...not that you guys haven't seen plenty of them but I know I'll be to excited not to post them :laugh:

For the money difference between the 357 and 372 at the NPEC, I would be all over the 372. I wonder if their 372XPW is the bigger 74cc saw like at Baileys.
Trust me its better to have to much saw then not enough saw to get the job done.

Last edited:
For the money difference between the 357 and 372 at the NPEC, I would be all over the 372. I wonder if their 372XPW is the bigger 74cc saw like at Baileys. .....

I have no idea, but the xpw designation existed before the 74/75 cc version appeared. ;)

Yes we all know that W was for the wrapped versions, but lately the 372xpW's have been 74.66cc's from out west.:clap:
They advertise it as the 70cc, but was just wondering out loud if it was the bigger 375 or not.;)

Last edited:
So your going to get the 357?

nah manual......I think that after experiencing the 6401 HD rental this past weekend that I'm going to jump straight into the 372xp. I never hear anything bad about that saw. One or two people that have the 357 say that it's a little "peaky" or say that they would have bought the 372 had it been available. It's going to have to last me 8 or 10 years so for the sake of $60 difference I'll go 372. I can't wait ....:D

Back