357xp vs. 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the money difference between the 357 and 372 at the NPEC, I would be all over the 372. I wonder if their 372XPW is the bigger 74cc saw like at Baileys.
Trust me its better to have to much saw then not enough saw to get the job done.

You mean, Baileys sells a 372xp with a different specification? The one they list is spec'd at 71cc. I did notice that the weight seems to be unusually high at 14.75lbs That's strange.

http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/5342

Look at the 372xpw wrap handles and 74.66 cc I think!
I use that weight if you keep sharp the weight will pull
that bar for you and that saw will get r done.

Last edited:
Look at the 372xpw wrap handles and 74.66 cc I think!

What da!? Did they just stick the 575 motor in it or something? It weighs the same as the 575... I'm confused why Husky would have two 372s in current production with different engine sizes.

What da!? Did they just stick the 575 motor in it or something? It weighs the same as the 575... I'm confused why Husky would have two 372s in current production with different engine sizes.

No it is no 575 motor sawtroll told the answer on a different post
but I can't remember why may be to do with heated handles?
Either 372 will scream and cut wood more than you want to
and mine is over four years old and runs like new has cut a lot
of wood I own a tree service it was my only big saw until a few months ago and this site.

Last edited:

If i dont remember totally wrong the 75cc cylinder is from cut-off saw or something like, also EPA could have its fingers in it... althou normal 372's have the 72cc cylinder....

Thats what I understand too, they took the 375 concrete cut off saw and adapted the cylinder to the 372 for the extra cc's.

Thats what I understand too, they took the 375 concrete cut off saw and adapted the cylinder to the 372 for the extra cc's.
Ok me did say was not sure so don't hang me man! The important
thing is they cut and cut and cut right?

I put a big bore on a saw I got off ebay does that make my xp
a 375? 52 millimeter cylinder?

Last edited:
If i dont remember totally wrong the 75cc cylinder is from cut-off saw or something like, also EPA could have its fingers in it... althou normal 372's have the 72cc cylinder....

The "normal" 372 has 70.7cc.

The 75cc bore one is from a cutoff saw, but ported differently. Stock power is the same as for the normal 71cc engine, but modded it makes more, according to EHP. I believe EPA may had something to do with the larger engine, those saws may be more restricted than the 71cc one (just a guess, really).........

The Baileys big-bore kit has no connection to this 372xp version.

Last edited:
The "normal" 372 has 70.7cc.

The 75cc bore one is from a cutoff saw, but ported differently. Stock power is the same as for the normal 71cc engine, but modded it makes more, according to EHP. I believe EPA may had something to do with the larger engine, those saws may be more restricted than the 71cc one (just a guess, really).........

ohh, my bad... however, it should be obvious that the bigger cylinder has more potential due the displacement... But seriously, someone should get portmap out of both cylinders so we could see whats the magic in there...

ohh, my bad... however, it should be obvious that the bigger cylinder has more potential due the displacement... But seriously, someone should get portmap out of both cylinders so we could see whats the magic in there...

As I understand it, there is too little space in the crankcase, to take advantage of a larger bore "just like that".......

Ian, has a new 372/375xpw woods port modded and I hope to be able to compare one real soon to my modded 7900.
I will weigh empty powerheads and re-weigh with filled fluids like ran with 16" bars and chains and then 32" b+c, half wraps only though.

Back