359: fix or get a Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan , as advised sounds like either coil is breaking down once saw heats up , secondarily the impulse line or air intake boot would also provide the symptoms you are experiencing . The vacuum issue can be easily checked as advised by ensuring the tank vent is clear and not pinched .

The tank vent checked out this morning, and the saw started right up and ran for all of 3 seconds then I couldn't restart it. I'm ready to send it to someone who can port it and get it running right.

The thank vent checked out this morning, and the saw started right up and ran for all of 3 seconds then I couldn't restart it. I'm ready to send it to someone who can port it and get it running right.
Theres a monkey known to make them run well. I sent him my 2159 and I love that saw. I run a 24" bar full comp chain and love it. Real fast running saw.

It screams for sure. I ran side by side with a ported 372 and I didnt see much difference. Sure the 372 won but not by much. The 2159 is easier to carry all day, I know that.

I've tried calling tree monkey, no answer or replies. Sounds like there's a few others who can port it and really wake it up...

Any luck checking for spark when it won't run?

What are the symptons when it needs a hole drilled in the carb cover on the hda carbs?

Thanks for the continued input, I’ll try to check for spark and see if it has the plastic or metal clamp tonight or tomorrow morning.

What brand of plug did you have in there, and what brand did you replace it with? @James Miller had a Champion plug what was causing him an issue a short time ago. He swapped in an NGK and the problem disappeared. I don't remember what the exact symptoms were though. James???...

If he's got the same problem I did it won't even try to start.

Latest posts

Back