35cc Echo saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natty Bumppo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wanted opinions on 3510 and 361. Very close in weight & engine displacement. Sizeable price difference. Is 361 a pro grade saw? Echo website spec's don't give hp rating for either. Is the 361 worth the added cost?

361 is the rear handle version of the 355 top handle. Totally different design than a 3510. The 355 is a great saw but I wouldn't buy a 361, I would buy the 3510 and use the price difference to buy a couple chains, files, bar oil and such.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Echo UK site has hp. Essentially the same. 361 has adjustable oiler and more pro bar. One is real short stroke strato other is stuffed crank. The exhaust comes out in different places. Neither is real expensive. Your question likely has been discussed already. The stop switch is stand alone on the 361. I do not have both. The cylinder plating may be more pro on the 361 I read that on an internet forum. Look at the bottom for suggested threads and use search. The 361 needs a double D tool to adjust the high and low on the carb, not sure about the other.

Wanted opinions on 3510 and 361. Very close in weight & engine displacement. Sizeable price difference. Is 361 a pro grade saw? Echo website spec's don't give hp rating for either. Is the 361 worth the added cost?
I think perhaps @ammoaddict knows what he is talking about. I would say that you get what you pay for.
I was really impressed with my Makita 3200, I bought it at a sale and for the money - WOW !
I was less than impressed with the 361 when I bought that - because I expected twice than what I got with the EA3200.
The 361 is still a more costly made saw, its very nice and a step up in "hardware" if you're in to that kinda thing.
Doesn't necessarily make your actual work experience any different though.

I just finished an afternoon in the woods with my new 3510. This is the first real work it’s seen aside from playing with it for a few minutes in my backyard after a muffler mod. I am beyond impressed with it. It’s not a pro saw, almost feels like a toy, but it cuts like crazy! My buddy was so impressed with it he is going to get one too. I still don't have it dialed in just right because I'm still learning how to tune by ear and I'm too scared to lean it out. It has a lot of power for such a tiny saw. It comes with a 16 in bar and both the pine and red oak were inches wider than the bar. For the non-professional looking for something lightweight and inexpensive ($222 I paid) it is an incredible saw. Stihl PS chain will be here this week I can't wait to see if it can perform even better with a more aggressive chain. I was having so much fun with it I didn't even think to take any pics or video of it. I brought some big rounds home with me so I can try and take some video of it this week sometime for a reference if it will help make a decision.

I'm a bad boy, I slap myself 14 times because I'm a bad boy, not a good boy, I should be a good boy ! :dumb:

...Stihl PS chain will be here this week I can't wait to see if it can perform even better with a more aggressive chain.
I bought a 3510 a few months ago and immediately replaced the chain with an Oregon 91VXL057G. It's a little cutting beast, I find myself using it for things I'd have got the MS462 out for.

So the Stihl PS chain was delivered today. Pretty substantial improvement over the stock chain. This little ripper will cover 90% of my cutting tasks from now on.

I bought the CS 3510 yesterday. Ran 2 tanks of gas through it today on red cedar. Can't get over how crazy light it feels in my hands. Have worked mostly with 50 & 60 cc saws.
Feels a little "cheap" in some ways, but I guess that comes with being made so light.
Noticed a slight rattling noise at idle. Probably making the noise at throttle too, just can't hear it over the engine. Maybe they all sound that way.
Dies now and then at idle. Will need to be tweaked a bit. Maybe that's because it comes tuned for 50:1 fuel and I run 40:1.
So far happy with my purchase.

I bought a 3510 a few months ago and immediately replaced the chain with an Oregon 91VXL057G. It's a little cutting beast, I find myself using it for things I'd have got the MS462 out for.

I was on-line this aft looking at Oregon 57 link, 3/8LP chain. Was also looking at the VXL for a more aggressive cut. I'll probably order some this week.

I have a slight rattle too at idle. I think its the sprocket having some play until the clutch is engaged. Also, just an FYI on the chains - I put a 56 link and it fits fine but it does lose about 1/2" of bar length. The Stihl PS chain was hard to come by in 57 link.

I bought the CS 3510 yesterday. Ran 2 tanks of gas through it today on red cedar. Can't get over how crazy light it feels in my hands. Have worked mostly with 50 & 60 cc saws.
Feels a little "cheap" in some ways, but I guess that comes with being made so light.
Noticed a slight rattling noise at idle. Probably making the noise at throttle too, just can't hear it over the engine. Maybe they all sound that way.
Dies now and then at idle. Will need to be tweaked a bit. Maybe that's because it comes tuned for 50:1 fuel and I run 40:1.
Glad you like it. I have been wanting one but can't really afford it right now. Hopefully it will run even better when it gets broken in more. Post some pics next time you have it out.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Need to tune it... It may well be lean, & moreso at 40:1

Latest posts

Back