360Pro hop up?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlBoy440

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
after I get my 360 Pro is there any reputable shop/guy in the Southeast to perform some mild tuning on my saw if not what can I do myself to hop it up some and still be reliable?

Look at gypo's hack and slash saw mods, it is aimed at the home handy man (i think)

Other than that open the muffler up.

Go to Madsen's web site and they will give you everything you need to know about tuning a carb. http://www.madsens1.com/sawtune.htm The only mod I've got on my 360 Pro is a muffler mod. You simply remove the muffler, take about a 3/8 drill and put three evenly spaced holes in the front cover of the muffler. Smooth the edges, blow out the shavings, etc. reassemble and start it up. Then you may need to give the H jet a little more CC twist for a tad more fuel. The picture I'm inclosing is of my 361; but, the solution is the same.

nhawlman said:
I'm hardly an engine tech,
but I thought 2-cycle ehausts were "tuned"
for a given amount of back pressure
to limit fuel going out the exhaust.

It seems like these holes would defeat the tuning. No?

Nevin

No. A tuned exhaust means a pipe like you see on a 2 stroke motorcycle.

Almost all my saw mufflers are just cans, nothing inside. I don't think it matters where on the muffler the ports are located. Just add a 9/16 or 5/8 ID second port, preferably include a deflector and screen. Alternatively, you can enlarge the existing port to about 3/4 inch, if there is room inside the deflector, which I doubt.

Do a search here, there's scads of old talk...and pics.

Latest posts

Back