361 V 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no wonder you're still limbing with 361. MS180 is no match compared to MS260 for your small saw.

don't get me wrong, 361 does a darn good job at limbing. heck I find myself limbing with my 064 sometimes. but no way I'd want to swing a 361 around all day. for safety reasons would not tolerate 361's lack of guts in large wood. you need 460's power for those larger cuts.

once you get a small pro saw like 5100 or 026.
260/460 will become your go to combo. your 180 and 361 will be gathering dust :cheers:

I have both a 361 & a 460. I think it's a nice combo. My 361 does not sit at all. I run the 361 with a 16" bar for the smaller stuff

Last edited:
Actually, I have been using the 361 to limb quite a bit, where I used to use the 180. If I had a 260, the 361 probably would sit more often. but, I like the fact that I can do everything from start to finish with the 361. For example, on a medeium sized tree (14 -16 inch diameter), I can drop it, buck it, and limb it, without ever changing saws.

yup... 361 is an excellent all around saw and can do small to medium sized trees beginning to finish and not break a sweat.

it's larger wood that 361 has trouble with. for safety reasons... 460 for larger wood.
wouldn't want to limb all day with 361, much prefer a 260 for that job.

this is why 59cc class saws is not part of my tools. simply no need....
they all sat there unused... now the good news is... I got silly prices out of all of them on ebay.

back when I had one saw... 034 super cut a LOT of wood!
it's the perfect saw if you can have only one.

Last edited:
Actually, I have been using the 361 to limb quite a bit, where I used to use the 180. If I had a 260, the 361 probably would sit more often. but, I like the fact that I can do everything from start to finish with the 361. For example, on a medium sized tree (14 -16 inch diameter), I can drop it, buck it, and limb it, without ever changing saws.

My 361 is my do all saw till I get to large wood for clearing , drooping , limbing and you can't forget about fuel consumption .
:cheers:

yup... 361 is an excellent all around saw and can do small to medium sized trees beginning to finish and not break a sweat.

it's larger wood that 361 has trouble with. for safety reasons... 460 for larger wood.
wouldn't want to limb all day with 361, much prefer a 260 for that job.

this is why 59cc class saws is not part of my tools. simply no need....
they all sat there unused... now the good news is... I got silly prices out of all of them on ebay.

back when I had one saw... 034 super cut a LOT of wood!
it's the perfect saw if you can have only one.

I agree that the 361 is a "in-between size" saw. But no guts? How big of wood you talking? I tear hell out of 30" trunks ALL THE TIME with my 361. Sure I have an 044 and an 064, but sometimes its too damn far of a walk back to the truck.. I use my 026 and P3000 for limbing, 028Super for fun, 361 and 044 for the real work, and the 064 for large trunk bucking. The 361 is my most used saw. Perfect for most work.

046 is my most used saw...

by the way... I've never owned a 361. my comments are base off of using 034 super, 359 and a 365. unless your 361 is way more powerful than above saws....

try tearing into a 3ft+ oak with your 361 and tell me it's got enough grunt to do the job. not saying 361 can't do the job in a pinch. just that personally wouldn't tackle larger hardwood with it (064 comes out!)

hey what ever works for ya.. if 361 ends up being your most used saw out of all the saws in your quiver. then I'd say that what counts! for me once I got an 046, all my mid-range saws just sat.

another reason I sold off all my mid-ranges saws is simple.
got toooo many saws :cheers:

argggghhhh.... just remembered I purchased 3 more saws last week. 260 and two saws yet to be identified. one is an old husky, other is a Jred. paid $115 for all three... couldn't pass that up.

I agree that the 361 is a "in-between size" saw. But no guts? How big of wood you talking? I tear hell out of 30" trunks ALL THE TIME with my 361. Sure I have an 044 and an 064, but sometimes its too damn far of a walk back to the truck.. I use my 026 and P3000 for limbing, 028Super for fun, 361 and 044 for the real work, and the 064 for large trunk bucking. The 361 is my most used saw. Perfect for most work.

Last edited:
Back