361 with the 16" bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbuehning

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I absolutely love my 361CQ that wifey gave me for xmas, its starting to loosen up and really pull. Anyways-I'm running a 20" bar (came with it) and have the 25" with skip waiting in the wings. The question is: Is there any down side to running a 16" bar (3003 000 8913), allot of the time I really don't need the 20" waving around, :biggrinbounce2:

Great idea!

I mostly run a 15" on mine, with 3/8x8 - really fast and nimble....:rockn: :rockn:

I will probably get a 16" one, when the 15" one is worn out - the 18" one is mostly used for felling.

Mine came with a 16" and that's what I used most of the time for firewood. Just got my 25" GB with full skip on it a few weeks back. Works great! Would not mind having a 20 eventually, like your setup. The 16 is so easy to justify, much cheaper chains and bars, and sharpens quicks....though the full skip 25 doesn't take too long:biggrinbounce2:

Is it worth buying the es (or equivalent) or just a standard E. I normally buy bars in pairs in case I pinch one, but I'd always have the 20's nearby.:blob2:

I prefer the E to the ES, as they are quite a bit lighter - but thats just me............:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks guys. I also thought about the 8 pin sprocket, but I don't think I can get that on the CQ(quick stop) - it seems that the drum has a larger ID and I have fitment issues. The IPL does not show that the 8 pin will work - it will on all the other versions. I can not fit the chain and bar on 325 - 9 pin I bought. Any thoughts besides adding a link. I too, like the added safety of the QS, but it has caused these fitment issues.

Thanks guys. I also thought about the 8 pin sprocket, but I don't think I can get that on the CQ(quick stop) - it seems that the drum has a larger ID and I have fitment issues. The IPL does not show that the 8 pin will work - it will on all the other versions. I can not fit the chain and bar on 325 - 9 pin I bought. Any thoughts besides adding a link. I too, like the added safety of the QS, but it has caused these fitment issues.

Another reason to avoid the "C" versions!!!!!!!:popcorn: :givebeer: :censored:

Back