3616 International backhoe-loader

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Russell

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does any one know any thing about this make of backhoe. Ad in bargin trader. Asking $1200 engine needs some work on it. Have not seen it or talked with owner. Do not care about Junk have too much already. Just ask my wife?

This machine is to large for me to hide. Need very good Advice.

In this area even if the engine was missing it would sell for that much.

Bill

what kind of work will the engine need? and what size engine is in it? the price don't sound bad so-far. but i don't think you have enough info

I just googled your exact title and found all kinds of stuff. You could probably take the whole thing to a metal scrapping yard and make some money on it at that price. It looks like a nice size machine. Big enough to do real work and small enough to not need a special permit to move it. Be wary of all the pivots and hoses. I've seen farm used loaders that have not received five minutes of service in their lives.
Good luck, John.

Last edited:
Father in law has a 3414, prob pretty close to what you're looking at. Older, and needs work, its a well oiled machine, :)
It works great for pushing chips over the hill, and can easily lift a 12' 48" maple log with a chain on the front bucket, walk off and sling it over the hill.
Old and powerful, hard to find parts for, hard to work on spacewise, everything is behind something thats welded.
-Ralph

Thanks to each one for you for the information on the backhoe loader. Might be a good buy I am going to check on it Thanks again.

JR

You guys have got to help me again. Just talked to owner. Motor is a six cylinder gas.Motor is locked spun a bearing block ok oil pan has hole in it. He guess it take five or six hundred to fix or repair motor. Also it weight is 15000 pounds

What say you---(two other people looking at backhoe not sold yet.)--what to do!

Cant go wrong for $1200 I would buy it and fix you cant find and get a back hoe running for under $2,000. Even if you had to put 800 in the motor seems like a good deal I would snatch it up.

I could scrap it here for 400 bucks easy (last known price is 60 a ton). Or part it out on ebay and then scrap.

Get it, fix it, and use it. If you have time and the money to fix it right. If not pass it will be a headache.

Latest posts

Back