362 felling dogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl310

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have a part number for an outer dog for a 362, or just a larger set? The factory one is close to useless, especially if flush cutting a stump with any amount of bark...

Not looking to go into the timber business, just would like to have some more functionality out of it.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have the part number but my MS362R came with the double spikes and roller chain catcher. Nice set up, I have it on several of my saws

Steve

Dawgs for 365/372 will fit just fine. Site sponsor Bailey's sells 'em in several sizes for very reasonable prices.

EDIT: you DO mean a Husky 362, right? A Stihl MS362 is a different beast altogether. You'll need to get those dawgs from a dealer.

Was finally able to locate the pn for the 361 dogs and chain catcher... Took quite a few searches on google to come up with it.

I'm assuming the 361 kit will also fit the 362... Correct?

I have a ms362 that i just picked up the oversized dual dog kit for, I ordered the 441 set and they fit just fine. While I was at the dealership a stihl district manager was there that covers just about the majority of texas and he told me they would fit. So here I am now with them and they look great.

I hate with a passion the dual dog kit that comes on a 361, they suck.

As suggested before get the 441 dual dawg kit and it will serve all situations much better. I even have them on my 261, but they require a little file fitting of the inner dawg, and redrill the two holes on the outer dawg slightly off a little, but they look and work much better, with only a minor loss of bar length.

IMG_20120218_143747.jpg

IMG_20120218_143738.jpg

IMG_20120218_143722.jpg

Sam

me too

attachment.php

heaps better than the 361 dogs thay don't climb over the log they stay put

Part # for the MS 441 Dual Dawgs with chain catcher?

Hey Folks,

I have an MS 362 and have the dual dawgs and Chain catcher. I'm nterested in getting the MS 441 kit. how I understand it, the holes match on both the MS 362 and MS 441 Dual Dawgs? Is that correct? Thanks!

Regards,

valleyboy

I have to agree with the OP; the standard set up on a MS362 is practically worthless. I don't need big dogs for mine just something more in line with the protusion that a 036Pro has. I guess one could possibly just notch the standard one and slide it forward. You would think that Stihl would have changed the dog when it changed the shape of the saw. Any other ideas short of (no pun intended) using the 440 series dogs or making your own? Ron

Back