365/390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orange crush

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
was watching some stuff on you tube and seen a video of some one (canadacarguy)who put a 390xp jug on a 365.just wondering what kinda work is involved?

A few years ago someone put a 288 top end on a 372; I'd expect the basic process to be similar.

Case was opened up to accept the "spigot", transfers widened to the point that crankcase compression might have been compromised. Bolt holes in 288 jug enlarged to accomodate smaller spread and some fins cut back. I think they had to mess with coil mounting too as spacing was off.

AS I remember the performance gain wasn't enough to justify the amount of trouble. A fun project for the enthusiast with skills and access to the right tools, but probably not a valuable product for the saw mod shop to sell.

I may be talking out of my rear end but I think that if you did not have enough crank case volume that you may not see big gains from that mod. My guess is that although performance would increase, it may not be as much as you might think.

Back