365 BB Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjorn773

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought a 365 last week. I have not even cut with it yet. Being a power junkie, I ordered a BB kit for it. I'm debating whether to do some cutting with it first stock so I have a basis for comparison. OR, do I just install the BB kit and never look back.

I just bought a 365 last week. I have not even cut with it yet. Being a power junkie, I ordered a BB kit for it. I'm debating whether to do some cutting with it first stock so I have a basis for comparison. OR, do I just install the BB kit and never look back.

If you use the big bore yo have got to clean up the ports by grinding to see any gain over the oem 365 p+c

Should I be able to extract more power from the new p&c setup by just widening the intake/exhaust ports without messing with the transfers? I'm new to porting and don't want to mess up a brand new p&c. I'm comfortable enough with my skill level to do the in/exh, but nervous about transfers and timing.

Perhaps the BB kits have improved recently. The port size is quite a bit larger, though it is far from perfect. At least on the exhaust side, I don't have the jug pulled yet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Would sharpening up the divider between the two transfer ports help in flow? It seems like the blunt edge it has now would be restrictive.

Thanks. I see what you guys were talking about in the ports. The quality control on the ports is not the greatest. The exhaust was crooked, like twisted, at least a degree or two when gunsighting through the port with the piston used as a gauge. I guess that's why they are so much cheaper than OE. It cleaned up pretty well though.

Thanks. I see what you guys were talking about in the ports. The quality control on the ports is not the greatest. The exhaust was crooked, like twisted, at least a degree or two when gunsighting through the port with the piston used as a gauge. I guess that's why they are so much cheaper than OE. It cleaned up pretty well though.

Even more important is that the floor and roof be curved.

Latest posts

Back