365 BB Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I think I'm ready for assembly. I may sharpen the bottom of the cylinder spigot next to the transfers. I shaved her down .026" last night, so I should have my .020 squish.

attachment.php

I did. I can't seem to get a good picture of it though. The center of the port is the last area to show light when I put a light in the plug hole above. I would be nice to have a bit more arch, but I'm nervous about raising the roof much more. I have a very good bevel/chamfer, so I think I'm good to go.

I did. I can't seem to get a good picture of it though. The center of the port is the last area to show light when I put a light in the plug hole above. I would be nice to have a bit more arch, but I'm nervous about raising the roof much more. I have a very good bevel/chamfer, so I think I'm good to go.

I agree with what you're saying. I hate raising the exhaust in most cases. Racers run pretty flat ports and get away with it, perhaps at the expense of ring wear. Furthermore, most guys bolt these on as is, even with convex shaped roofs, and get away with it. I think you'll be fine. Gonna have it running today?:)

I have to get it back together yet. It's looking to be a busy day here at the shop, so I have to make money before playing. Hopefully I'll assemble at lunch and rip a few rounds tonight.

I torqued the cylinder down with the old compressed gasket with a very thin coat of aviation form-a-gasket. My squish is .0215" I guess the sealer must account for the extra .0015"
Am I better off not using any sealer? It's a paper gasket in good shape, I was just concerned about the seal being a used gasket.

I torqued the cylinder down with the old compressed gasket with a very thin coat of aviation form-a-gasket. My squish is .0215" I guess the sealer must account for the extra .0015"
Am I better off not using any sealer? It's a paper gasket in good shape, I was just concerned about the seal being a used gasket.

I'd leave it as is.

It fired right up... the carb was way out of whack, but once dialed in it runs strong. I need to get into some wood... soon :clap:

I have to cool it down enough to pack into my harley tourpak. Once home, I hope to be able to slice some rounds.

Well, I got home and put the b&c back on. Then headed right over to what was my splitting stump. I started cutting cookies... man this thing really flies. It's definately a different feel than the 385... I see where it's hotrod stigma comes from. I think it may just give my 385 a run for it's money. It sure is a more exciting feeling, quicker revving. Once I find some more wood to cut, I'll try to shoot some video. As for my old splitting stump... may it rest in peace... or should I say pieces:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back