365 BB Problems!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pippin5267

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Earlier in the year, I rebuilt a scored 365 with a Balieys big bore kit. After rebuilding the saw and cleaning the carb, I tuned the saw a little ritch and put a couple tanks through it. The saw ran perfect. Probably about the third tank, I took it to my husky dealer and he set it to 13,500 on the tach. I have not used the saw in probably three months. I got it out the other day, gassed it up and starting using it. When it got hot, it sounded like it was over revving. When cutting at full throttle the engine would cut out like it was going to die and when I would let off the throttle it would go back down to idle. Hope the new p&c are not toasted. Where should I look first?

like Al said check the piston. If thats fine you might need to clean the carb cause if its been sittin it could have gummed up. Then retune by ear!!

Dealer may not know what to listen for, but he could read numbers. It could have been 13.5 on the lean side.

I richened it up as soon at it happened and it was still cutting out at full throttle. I hope it is just a carb problem.

The saw had been straight gassed, or at least that is what the previous owner told me. I did not have it checked for air leaks. I didnt use a base gasket in the rebuild. I used the black permatex that some people on this site have been using. Could this be causing an air leak?

If the saw did have an air leak at the base gasket, could that be causing the over revving and cutting out at full throttle?

If the saw did have an air leak at the base gasket, could that be causing the over revving and cutting out at full throttle?

YES!!!
An air leak is an air leak, no matter where it is.

Also need to find out what carb you have on there. Some of the 365 carbs barely flow enough fuel for a stock saw.

I think I found the problem today. I pulled the top cover off the saw and found the vent line had hardened on the ends and I think it was sucking air when it got hot. I replaced the vent line and the saw seemed to run fine. I think the saw has a zama carb on it. thanks for the help everyone

Back