365 husky just bought it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookerdog

The New Champ
Reaction score
Just bought a 365 from a woman that had purchased it for her husbands birthday long story short she caught him and now is divorced. She never ever took it out of the box. For 300 figured I couldn't go wrong now to hide it for my wife. chainsaws are like guns to me can't just have 10

Too bad for buddy-$300 is a good deal, shares many parts with my 372. Probably last you a long time. Run 10 tanks through it then take it to a Husky mech. and have him set it with a tach, thats what I was told with my 372, works great 5 years later. Check all the screws after a few hours, some of them rattle loose.

Welcome Bookerdog - great saw you picked up and good luck with it! When you get the itch for a little more power from it, IM or email me.

bookerdog said:
......... For 300 figured I couldn't go wrong now to hide it for my wife. chainsaws are like guns to me can't just have 10

Bookerdog, what a relief to hear that you have to hide your buys for your wife. I thought I was the only one showing that behavior ;) . My weaknesses are buying all tools in general, including chainsaws.

My wife spotted an email confirming a payment

thru PayPal. I told her it was for a saw part (actually it's a parts saw, so I didn't completely lie :rolleyes: ).

Oops, I forgot--congratulations on your saw! Let us know how you like it.

Last edited:
Just need a chainsaw cabinet

Well fired the 365 this morning love it. Having a gun cabinet I can put a new gun in there and wife doesn't know the difference. Hopefully she never starts counting them. :rolleyes: Now if I just had a chainsaw cabinet.

belgian said:
Bookerdog, what a relief to hear that you have to hide your buys for your wife. I thought I was the only one showing that behavior ;) . My weaknesses are buying all tools in general, including chainsaws.
Congrats on the 365, I love mine... powerful but light enough to carry around all day. Have a 28 inch bar on mine but don't usually need that much. Did this past weekend cutting down a weeping cherry tree though... was over 36 inches at base. The 365 made short work of it.

As for hiding purchases... sheeesh... I must be the luckiest guy when it comes to that stuff. I can pretty much buy whatever I want woodshop related as long as I make stuff for her from the shop. She likes the few extra bucks coming in from selling stuff I make with all my toys too. S2S dimensioned hardwood is expensive, so I mill and dry my own, to feed the woodshop. Thus chainsaws and mills are also fair game... if its wood related, I get no arguements from the better half :)

Blowdown1 said:
he's lucky all he lost was the saw. She could have used that 365 to pull a Lorena Bobbit!

Ouch!!! Bad pictures flashing through my mind.

belgian said:

I haven't done this before...but once I got started buying chainsaws, I started hiding them. She knows of 3 right now. My latest purchase (288xp) is still in hiding :D.

That makes repair work VERY difficult LOL.

I certainly like my 365. Nice combination of easy power yet not enough vibration to make a difference. I moved from a 18inch bar to a 22inch bar. Nice package for about anything you could want to do with a saw.

full wrap handle???

Does anyone who has a 365 have a full wrap handle on it? I understand that a full wrap from a 371/372 should fit on it.

Latest posts

Back