365 husky ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
Reaction score
i just took a 365 sp in trade ,trying figure out the husky interchange ,says 65cc on tag ,whats difference between sp xp etc ,is this a homeowner saw ? im a stihl guy please bear with my husky ignorance ,

it is considered a land owner saw but is built on the same frame as the 372xp and shares most of the same parts. the 365 doesnt have the hd filtration on it. the ports on it arent the same as the 372 from what i understand so it has less power. the 365 is just lacking the xp emblems.

Last edited:
The 365 special is a landowner grade saw. It is basicaly a detuned 372. It is built on the same chasis but uses a different cylinder. There is some loggers who live in my area that used the 365 over 372. They said they lasted longer because of the slower revs. The special designation means that the saw has a side chain tensioner and not the front one in the case.

China Husqvarna 365?

it is considered a land owner saw but is built on the same frame as the 372xp and shares most of the same parts.

I am new to Arboristsite and had a question about a saw I recently picked up from a friend of a friend. It's a Husqvarna 356, bought it for 225 bucks and thought it was a killer deal as I know new they aren't cheap, I bought a 357XP years earlier from a dealer and sort of permanently lent it to my brother, so I kind of needed one to use around home when I needed it. It runs fine, but I think it is one of those licensed to be built in China by husky saws, I went to change the air filter the other day and the carb is China, not a Walboro. I guess my question is, with everyoneelse's experience on here, are these saws any good?, I try to stay well clear of China made junk whenever looking intobuying anything, especially a saw. It it just assembled in China with parts from Sweden?. It has the tag on the side "1997 Husqvarna SWEDEN"

I am new to Arboristsite and had a question about a saw I recently picked up from a friend of a friend. It's a Husqvarna 356, bought it for 225 bucks and thought it was a killer deal as I know new they aren't cheap, I bought a 357XP years earlier from a dealer and sort of permanently lent it to my brother, so I kind of needed one to use around home when I needed it. It runs fine, but I think it is one of those licensed to be built in China by husky saws, I went to change the air filter the other day and the carb is China, not a Walboro. I guess my question is, with everyoneelse's experience on here, are these saws any good?, I try to stay well clear of China made junk whenever looking intobuying anything, especially a saw. It it just assembled in China with parts from Sweden?. It has the tag on the side "1997 Husqvarna SWEDEN"

oops, not a 356 typo, its a 365

there have been previous posts on this subject. some say they run pretty goo others wouldnt use them as a boat anchor. take some pics and post them can tell easier that way. the carb could have been replaced with an aftermarket one.

There are no saws licensed by Husky to be built in China. There are Chinese Knock-Offs that should be avoided. A few older threads about these, do a search. Lot of reading there.

That saw is a 2004 model. It is a prograde saw. Only difference from 372 is a little displacement (power) and air filter.

Cut away, awesome saw IMO

SOme of the 365 had a Zama carb (Zamas are made in china). Or it could be a aftermarket carb.

You never know what you're going to get with Walbro. China, USA, Japan, Mexico, Thailand.....

These carbs were made in Thailand. They're all stamped on the body where they were manufactured.
76f8b59f.jpg

ee8564f9.jpg

Never paid a huge amount of attention to Zama but I always thought they were all China.... At least they're consistant :confused:

there have been previous posts on this subject. some say they run pretty goo others wouldnt use them as a boat anchor. take some pics and post them can tell easier that way. the carb could have been replaced with an aftermarket one.

ok, I'll try to see if I can figure out how to post pictures on here. Pretty sure it isn't a knock off I looked into that on an internet search and those saws look chinafied. What gets me is if you look up Husqvarna 365 it will take you to a site where a chinese company is making and marketing them and the picture thay show looks just like the Husky I picked up. They are advertising them as Husqvarna saws which led me to believe like someone mentioned on a reply that Husqvarna was making saws in China.

That saw is a 2004 model. It is a prograde saw. Only difference from 372 is a little displacement (power) and air filter.

Cut away, awesome saw IMO

:agree2:

TK said it well. These are powerful dependable saws and they are easy to work on. They are big enough to use for felling and handy enough to use for the bigger stuff in firewood applications. Perform very well with 20"-24" bars but not limited to those. Lots and lots of parts available out there as many saws shared this chassis (371xp, 372xp, 365). There were some variations in how the intake clamped on over the years but I think that your 2004 model had the better clamp on style with the metal clamp.

ok, I'll try to see if I can figure out how to post pictures on here. Pretty sure it isn't a knock off I looked into that on an internet search and those saws look chinafied. What gets me is if you look up Husqvarna 365 it will take you to a site where a chinese company is making and marketing them and the picture thay show looks just like the Husky I picked up. They are advertising them as Husqvarna saws which led me to believe like someone mentioned on a reply that Husqvarna was making saws in China.

Above your oil cap should be the serial plate. If it says Huskvarna AB Sweden on there its the real deal. If you post a pic we'll know for sure. Also, if you take the top cover off and look at the cylinder that should be a dead giveaway. I believe all of the cylinders for the 365 were either KS or Mahle and have a Husqvarna crown logo on them.

:agree2:

TK said it well. These are powerful dependable saws and they are easy to work on. They are big enough to use for felling and handy enough to use for the bigger stuff in firewood applications. Perform very well with 20"-24" bars but not limited to those. Lots and lots of parts available out there as many saws shared this chassis (371xp, 372xp, 365). There were some variations in how the intake clamped on over the years but I think that your 2004 model had the better clamp on style with the metal clamp.

Yes, should have the screw clamp.

Latest posts

Back