365 or 555 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you thought about what stihl has to offer? :givebeer::givebeer:

they aint got them attractive, mid range, easy handlin', rebuildable offers that husky does...

guy can only anchor his boat with a 391 or break the bank with a 441, then again he could forfeit his gym membership with a 362 :msp_scared::msp_scared::yoyo::chainsawguy::deadhorse::rockn:

If your not cutting bigger wood a lot, bigger wood being over 30" in my mind then the 555 would be my pick. I have a 365 and love it. Runs a 28" bar with full chizel full skip no problem. Even with a lite weight bar it can be pretty beefy for limbing and I am a pretty robust guy.

When I was researching my saw purchase around Christmas time this past year my local Husky dealer said the auto tune technology had been out in Europe for a few years now and that it wasn't really new technology. He was trying to sell me a 562XP instead of my 365 I bought.

If you get a 365 it's a beast and I'd say you really need a second smaller saw for limbing and felling smaller trees.

I also think you need a bigger one for cutting down the big, big ones like 90-120CC. Then a top handle for in tree work.... then... then...LOL you got it.

they aint got them attractive, mid range, easy handlin', rebuildable offers that husky does...

guy can only anchor his boat with a 391 or break the bank with a 441, then again he could forfeit his gym membership with a 362 :msp_scared::msp_scared::yoyo::chainsawguy::deadhorse::rockn:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a husky. As long as one realizes where they fit in in the pecking order of the pro saw manufactures.

If only one saw for firewood, I would lean towards the 555. Having said that, I have owned a couple 365 saws and they are very good saws with good torque for the big stuff. Just a little heavy for the small stuff.

If I could only have one saw it would probably be the 555. I now have a 2165 Jonsered which is the equivalent of your said 365 Husky. Has very good power and I think it would pull a 24" bar no trouble as it easily chews through oak and hickory with a 20" bar buried, but it would be a tad heavy for an all around saw I think. When it came to limbing the 2165 will get set down and the 346 comes out. I started out with a Husky 359, I think it's a good all around saw for firewood, though I have not run a 555, all evidence shows it will out cut the older 359 that it replaces. NMurph's comments would be spot on I think. My only concern for you is that you may end up like me, kind of bunched up in the middle. You hang around here too long and you'll want a limbing saw thats fast and light so you'll opt for a 50cc saw like the new 550. Then you'll decide you need something to pull a 24" bar with authority for that once in awhile big tree and you'll decide you need something bigger than the 555. How big will you go? 65CC, 70CC or something even bigger? You may just want to decide now to go 50CC and 70CC and be done with it and skip the tweener 555:)

I went to buy a new saw today. Was planning on getting a 365 but got to looking at the 555 autotune was told there was $50 difference in the two the 555 being more. I wasn't sure about the 555 because first year with being computer controlled. Told him id think it over and be back tomorrow. Which is the better saw?

Jeffro,currently using 2 365s,one iv,e used 10 years plus. no issues,bulletproof saw for fulltime work.Would recommend a 365 ,a great ultra reliable saw for everyday work.:msp_wink:Don,t have any 555s in the area ,not popular her yet.My 365s get to work hard almost everyday.I use a 166 sachs dolmar for the bigger logs in our logging coup.:cheers::chainsawguy:

Back