365 special want more power any ideas????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Not really Steve.

You can buy the Husky 372XPW 74.66cc's factory cylinders with the chainsaw porting #s, just not the 375K porting numbers like on the concrete saws.
Baileys has them ready to bolt on.

And your arguement here is what?

I never said anything about the porting numbers. You did. They originally came from the chop saw. yes they have differant numbers, but not by much. Are they $110-$150, like all the other aftermarket p/c? No.

I was wrong about the price. My bad.

Last edited:
And your arguement here is what?

I never said anything about the porting numbers. You did. They originally came from the chop saw. yes they have differant numbers, but not by much. Are they $110-$150, like all the other aftermarket p/c? No.

I was wrong about the price. My bad.

No argument, I was just showing him there is a factory bolt on cylinder for the 372 to make it a 75cc saw for $229.
Without buying the TRUE concrete topend and having to change the porting numbers to get it to work on a chainsaw.

Personally if I was leaving it stock I would just get the BB372 aftermarket one for the money.

Why do you have a problem with that?

Last edited:
Now if for some reason you wanted the 375K topend kit they are alot more like Steve says. But why get those when you can buy the factory 372xpW 74.66cc topend from Baileys cheaper and ready to bolt on $229. http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=544+25+43+02&catID=383

NEW COMPLETE PISTON & CYLINDER ASSEMBLY WITH GASKETS FOR THE HUSQVARNA 375K SERIES POWER CUTTER SAW $285

Its not rocket science, its just knowing what out there for sale now days.

Last edited:
No argument, I was just showing him there is a factory bolt on cylinder for the 372 to make it a 75cc saw for $229.
Without buying the TRUE concrete topend and having to change the porting numbers to get it to work on a chainsaw.

Personally if I was leaving it stock I would just get the BB372 aftermarket one for the money.

Why do you have a problem with that?

I don't have a problem with that at all. Last time I checked they were 300+

Have you ran a 375K saw p/c? on a saw?

It makes more torque and revs a little lower. They run better than a 365 to begin with. For someone wanting to mill, IMO the 375K cylinder would be a better bet, not to mention a little longevity from spinning a little lower rpm. There is more difference in the amount of area in the transfers than the port numbers.

It is not a better setup for a modded saw, but it is still a good p/c upgrade over the aftermarket junk out there.

I don't have a problem with that at all. Last time I checked they were 300+

Have you ran a 375K saw p/c? on a saw?

It makes more torque and revs a little lower. They run better than a 365 to begin with. For someone wanting to mill, IMO the 375K cylinder would be a better bet, not to mention a little longevity from spinning a little lower rpm. There is more difference in the amount of area in the transfers than the port numbers.

It is not a better setup for a modded saw, but it is still a good p/c upgrade over the aftermarket junk out there.

Really Steve you dont say. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: ;) Yeah I may have ran one before. :cheers:
Copyof375006-1.jpg

Copy2of375002.jpg

Copyof375004.jpg

Copyof375003.jpg

Cool, is it a stock 375K chop saw with just a muffler mod? LOL
Didn't think so! HA
Happy New Year.

It might be a hair stock somewhere. Hmmm the paint, yeah yeah the paint is stock. :hmm3grin2orange:

Happy New Year too! :cheers:

It might be a hair stock somewhere. Hmmm the paint, yeah yeah the paint is stock. :hmm3grin2orange:

Happy New Year too! :cheers:

Painting modded cylinders to make them look stock? :cheers:

Wasn't there a guy on ebay doing that a while back? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

This info comes straight from someone that woods ports saw for a living and is a dealer too. What he says about the aftermarket BB372 option.

NOT ME SAYING THIS GUYS
I just installed and ported one of the new BB 372 kits from Bailey's.
These are a lot nicer then the ones that I have seen for the 046s.
It actually fit on the saw with no mods to the case.
I guess I should start off by saying there are a lot of people that are saying this is nothing more then a bored out 372 cylinder and the way the ports are laid out that it will be detuned. That's bull. These claims are made by arm chair people that have no knowledge other then what people tell them. They never had a degree wheel on them and probable don't know how to use one in the first place.
The cylinder is NOT cast the same as the stock ones are. There is a noticeable difference on the outside at the top of the transfer ports and the cooling fins in that area.
The kit that I have has excellent darn hard chrome plating. The base metal seems strong, not like some other cylinders that I have cut. There are a few casting marks here and there but they can be cleaned up very easily.
The port timing numbers on the BB 372 are 163 Exhaust, 144 Intake, 119 Transfer. The stock 372 is 161 Exhaust, 142 Intake, 114 Transfer. That's only a two degree variation on the intake and exhaust. I doubt that anyone could tell a two degree difference in engine performance.
The exhaust port on the BB is not cast as wide as the stock one. There is also less metal cast in that area but it can still be cut wide enough for the saw to perform well.
I didn't CC the combustion chambers of both cylinders but with the naked eye I could see no difference. I will check the next one I get in.
I didn't run the kit in stock form because I have no interest in stock saws but it should out cut the stock ones and have more grunt at low end.
Once ported they work real well. This one will cut right with one of my ported 2171s with the ported Husky 375 cylinder.

I think this one will be a winner. They have it prices reasonable and the quality seems excellent.
I will give Bailey's a big thumbs up for this one.
If you melt a piston on your saw you might as well just buy the BB kit from them, it doesn't cost that much more then a factory piston.
This kit will fit the 365,371,371K,375K,372 and also the Jonsered 2065,2165,2071,2171.
I don't see how you can go wrong with one of the new 372 BB kits.

I just wish that I had one of my own to play with and to run farther testing on.

So there it is, your choices are 372xpW, 375K, BB372.

Last edited:
took the muffler off their is not any thing in it no baffles just an open shell. i got some pipe 5/8 outside and around half 1/2 inside is their a best spot in the muffler to locate them and should their be any baffle inside the muffler what about spark screen how important is it. i got some good crabide bits that will cut any type of metal i think they will do a great job making nice round holes. i also thought about putting the hole behind the muffler bracket but i think some cool pipes might look nicer.

:chainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

any one out got some ideas on how to get some more power out of my 365 husqvarna special it runs great right now i just was reading on another tread about BB to a 372 what does this mean big bore and piston boring out the jug and installing larger oversize piston.? can i also do something to the muffler i am willing to try if someone has the know how and lets me know i can do it. work as an auto tech and love playing with chainsaws and small engine i just know as much about them as car i am learning. also am interested in maybe someday making a high performance saw for competition.:chainsaw:

:greenchainsaw:

I did an overview of the 372 conversion last summer. link It was pretty simple. Got a used P&C from another AS member.

Mark

their is a nice hole in the front of my muffler and some spark arrestor screen bewteen the muffler and muffler bracket. i just have to get a new muffler gasket i done broke it. the hole is almost egg shaped 1/2 hole and then ground to nice shape with carbide bit using air dye grinder. once i get the muffler back on and adjust the carb i will let everyone know what it does for power and performance. also did i put a large enough hole right around 5/8 of an inch i did not want to start out to big.

:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw:

Last edited:
I Now Have 2 365 Specials Best Deal I Had Yet

:greenchainsaw: I PICKED UP ANOTHER 365 SPECIAL OFF OF EBAY FOR 169. TOTAL INCLUDING SHIPPING WHAT A STEEL OF A DEAL. THE SELLER HAD NO IDEA IF THE SAW WAS GOOD THE PULL START WOULD NOT RETURN. REMOVED THE PULLSTART LUBED IT UP AND TIGHENED THE ROPE AND PUT SOME GAS IN CARB AND 2 PULLS IT STARTED RIGHT UP WOW I PUT GAS IN THE TANK AND BAR OIL AND A DIFFERENT BAR AND CHAIN WENT AND CUT SOME WOOD. SAW IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION BARELY USED 2001 MODEL WITH WALBRO CARB. IM REALY THINKING ABOUT INSTALLING A BIG BORE KIT OR A 372 PISTON AND CHUG. PLEASE DONT ASK I AM KEEPING THE SAW I LOVE MY OTHER 365 SPECIAL. I ALSO JUST BOUGHT A MS 390 STIHL JUST TO COMPARE STIHL TO HUSKY I KNOW THE STIHL IS NOT A PROGRADE SAW BUT I WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE MS 390. BOTH 365 WAY OUTPERFORM THE MS390. SO I MAY SELL OFF THE STIHL OR KEEP JUST FOR KICKS
:chainsaw:

A 365, mines the 2165 model, just some small holes in the muffler enough, the motor tons of power and the exhaust note with the crackle stihls don't have with real bite at lower revs, the 272's and 372's I've used were always buzzy compared, the 2165 like a plush armchair the motor's so smooth

wow, nice find on the 365 dan.
i am sure happy with my BB365, the walbro carb is a must if your going to be tossing a BBkit on it
i am very happy with my BB365, it easily out cuts my 371xp
the extra power with a BB kit is nice and i dont even notice the added weight.

hey bought a big bore kit to install on my 2001 model 365 special. also started a tread on installing the kit anyone out with suggestion please refer to that tread and thanks for all your help everyone.

:greenchainsaw: :spam:

how do i go about adding some pics to the tread. i been trying and cant figgure it out.

Last edited:
if you want to add images jsut click reply, it will load the reply page then scroll down to where you see the button called "manage attachements". browse for your images and upload them.
make sure that your images arn't huge like 1.5mb because that will take forever for everyone to load them.

whats up everyone

hey what you think of this years bow kill 8 point with 15 1/2 inside spread with g2 that are 10 inches long green scored 115
now that i finally know how to get pictures to show up i will add some of my muffler mod pictures.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back