365 special with BB and MM - 28" full comp? Cast your vote!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How well will it pull a 28" B&C, full comp

• You're crazy, it will never work well!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpOnTheHill

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I originally posted this in the tradin post and realized it was in the wrong place. Your votes are appreciated!

I have a 365 special with 76cc big bore, muff mod and no base gasket built by NMurph. I've been running a 20" oregon prolite with full comp full chisel for firewood duty and it rips. I want to have a bigger bar for an occasional large log, I have a couple ready now. This is the biggest saw I've owned so I have limited experience in this cc range. How do you think it would handle with a 28 on it full comp full chisel for a few logs a year? Husky lists the largest bar for a stock saw at 28". Thanks in advance.

How well it performs obviously depends on what BB kit it is, and who ported it.

I don't think any of them are very good, unless they are ported by an expert.

Nobody knows, and it doesn't matter.

You cut different wood, sharpen your chains differently and you're running a non standard saw. Drive sprocket size, chain type, depth gauge height give you several variables to play with to make it work.

You need a 28" bar, but not all the time. Almost certainly you will be fine, but how fine is anyone's guess. If it really struggles then skip chain will make it work for you.

Worst case is you have the bar you want, and you are looking for a 385!!!

I've got the 77cc kit on a Chinese 365. I run an 8-pin with a 24" bar and there's no problem with that bar buried in Ozzie hardwood.

I did have to significantly increase the fuel flow in the low speed circuit to increase the 'grunt' of the saw. If you are running a stock Zama on it, you could drill the low speed jet to .3mm and the auxiliary jet to .35-.4mm

Iv
I've got the 77cc kit on a Chinese 365. I run an 8-pin with a 24" bar and there's no problem with that bar buried in Ozzie hardwood.

I did have to significantly increase the fuel flow in the low speed circuit to increase the 'grunt' of the saw. If you are running a stock Zama on it, you could drill the low speed jet to .3mm and the auxiliary jet to .35-.4mm[/quote
I've got the walbro carb so this shouldn't be an issue. I don't see the oiler being an issue either. There's LOTS of adjustment left in it running my 20".

Latest posts

Back