dolmar vs husky 78cc-90cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
390 will do everything you want. A 9010 would also but the av isn't as smooth.

The first time I ran a PS-9000 I was actually quite surprised with the grunt. It is a heavy thing though, like a slightly smaller 880/3120.
I shouldn't have been too surprised with the power though as almost all of the older Dolmars/ Sachs Dolmars seem to have modern type power, just lacking on other more modern features.
The one I have in the shed was owned by possibly the biggest knuckle dragger on earth. It basically needed a full rebuild but running like a new one now. Nice saw but owning 7900's and a ported 390XP (+ 3120 if needed) I doubt I'd ever pull it out the shed to run it. Tough old saws but nothing special.
The owner is meant to pick it up this weekend - I've had it for over 18 months.

My experience is with the 385xp. Very smooth. I mean, scary smooth, even with full skip. Not really a 42" saw stock, and from experience, with hard work like stumping, will not optimally oil a 42". My 394 will pull and oil a 42" brilliantly, but is nowhere near as smooth. Dolmar guys really seem to like them, but they may all be nuts, so it's hard to say

@ randy mac, I know what you mean and it's weird what causes my wrists to act up, Like my stanely wizz saw was really bad but it had a weak vib just extremly high rpm, My v-twin was easier on the wrist's then my I-4 which shouldn't be the case.

yeah, I don't exactly want (biggest lie ever) a 3120 and the 395 vs 390 is a matter of preference so I'm going with a 390 as my only husk option, the 385 I'm sure would be a great saw and would be a much needed improvement over piddly ms362's but if I'm going big I might as well go that one step bigger. If there was a 3100 It'd probably be the winner,

@sawfun, that would've been a awesome saw and deffinately a contender in it's day. Thanks, it was worth a google search

Randymac is correct. to me my 395 is smoother than a 385 and i absolutely can't run a rubber mount stihl yet the 200t doesn't bother me at all.

Randymac is correct. to me my 395 is smoother than a 385 and i absolutely can't run a rubber mount stihl yet the 200t doesn't bother me at all.

200T doesn't have enough capacity or stroke to do much damage. It's reciprocating parts don't weigh much :)

200T doesn't have enough capacity or stroke to do much damage. It's reciprocating parts don't weigh much :)

Asplundh may disagree, constantly get news from the states of someone used one one handed and cut themselves, or their landyard. I don't know how, I suspect drugs or alcohol. Hell I've used my rear handle one handed, they're so light and weak. great for limbing and small tops. BTW I don't work for asplundh. I don't mean to insult anyone who has been injured, accidents happen and they're just that, accidents.

Anyone ran a mini mac? Their small, compact and will rattle your teeth out... smallest saw I've ran more vibes than a dozen 660s

Anyone ran a mini mac? Their small, compact and will rattle your teeth out... smallest saw I've ran more vibes than a dozen 660s
probably doesn't have a vibration dampener at all.

Back