dolmar vs husky 78cc-90cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think some sort of oil would be needed so the bar and chain wouldn't freeze solid quickly.

Now that I've decided on the 7910 it's time to get a saw mill (not actually.)

Question that's a little off topic maybe someone can point me to a thread that already contains it. I've read the BC Faller booklets, online resources, and have just tried to improve myself in every way possible to maximize productivity. I have dreams of becoming one but the Fiancee has other plans, but back to the question. BCforestsafe who puts on a training program requires students to buy a brand new saw, ms660 or ms460 or husq 372 or 390. I understand why they don't want someone trying to use a 455rancher with a 30" bar. But why not the other options out there? As far as requirements they say choose the correct bar and powerhead for the job, but they require just those 4 saws and 30-36" bars. why not include a 440? 385? 395? or any non stihl/husk?

What kind of price are you getting on the 7910? Did you attempt to contact Terry or Spike and get their price on a 2188 or 390xp. I would imagine you would be money ahead getting it from the states.

I can't say the price as a courtesy to my brother-in-law as i'm paying his at cost. However it's the same price with a wrap handle as a local 365 special without wrap. Cheaper then x-torq.

What kind of price are you getting on the 7910? Did you attempt to contact Terry or Spike and get their price on a 2188 or 390xp. I would imagine you would be money ahead getting it from the states.

Not so much anymore. With the current exchange rate and crazy increased shipping prices, not to mention if you get flagged for duties, the value is all but gone. Plus if there are any warranty issues you're pretty much SOL.

Not so much anymore. With the current exchange rate and crazy increased shipping prices, not to mention if you get flagged for duties, the value is all but gone. Plus if there are any warranty issues you're pretty much SOL.

I like my warranty voided before I ever see the saw in person.:rock:

My 395 is smoother to me than my 372xpw, but both are awfull smooth. Nobody runs dolmar around here as there are no dealers. Husky and Stihl combined have 85% of the world wide market and it shows here as that all you see here. I did have a McCluck 850 once that vibrated so bad you were numb from the elbows down after about 2 hours, most everything is smooth compared to that!

I don't believe them to be more dangerous then any other saw, however every saw carries risk, I was more referring to your comment on their light weight, You said rotating mass but they're overall mass is so light that they're very easily controllable.

Anyway since the vibration doesn't seem to be teeth rattling on any of the aforementioned saws, and do to it's limited use I don't think weight will be life or death, heck whats 1kg anyways, (that was a joke after 12 hours 1kg is a slap in the face). I think I'm going with the 9010 if I can get it since it's not in production for the north american market, if I can't I'll go with the 390xp unless the 7910 is $275 or more cheaper.

Note: haven't read the whole thread..

If you go with a 3120xp..you can run whopper bars and *charge* dudes to cut their ice fishing holes. Maybe pay for the saw in one winter.....

Added bonus, most any other saw you run will seem like a baby saw.

I got my new saw and got to run a 350. Wow what a great little saw that 350 is. I can really push on the 7910 with a 20" saw. It pretty much can cut as fast as the chain would allow. I think I'm going to get a 28" for it.

Back