365 Xtorque overheating

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmangan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just purchased a used 365 xtorque and the saw runs for 2mins before overheating.

It has a .50 gauge bar on it, it should have a .58 according to the Husqvarna website.

Would this cause the saw to overheat? Or would it be something else, the PO says te oiler was just checked before selling it and it works as it should.

I havent checked the oiler yet, , was curious about the bar.

Thanks

ok, the chain matches the bar.

It feels like the whole saw overheats, but especially the right hand side where the bar adjusts.

The chain also loosens pretty fast as well, I forgot to mention that.

Start your saw. Hold the tip of your bar 10"-18" away from a piece of cardboard. Rev up the saw. You should see a good spray pattern of bar oil on it. You can also pull the clutch cover , and bar. Fire up the saw to see if it's oiling. Not to be insulting, but make sure your bar groove and oil holes are clean. As others stated, there is no problem whatsoever with running a .050 bar on your 365. I have a Husky 28" Techlite 3/8 X.050 bar on my 365.

How did you come to the conclusion that it is over heating?

Even a normally operating saw will generate a lot of heat from the bar and chain, even a properly adjusted chain with the correct amount of oil. After normal use in the summer you will not be able to touch the bar for more than a few seconds. The same applies to the clutch cover where the bar nuts are. It just plain get hot!

Sorry guys, still here, no internet at home so cant check the forum until I'm at work.

I am actually returning the chainsaw to the previous owner so in the end I wont be working on it.

The oiler was to spec, not sure what was going on, but too be honest, I just got mega over another chainsaw that doesn't work.

Thanks for all the help and advice, this wont be the last time I'm begging for help. hahaha

Much love guys :_

Latest posts

Back