365HD XTorq Too Much Fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwinzlo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey guys,
I was cleaning one of my 365HD saws that ran beautifully the other day. Plugged all the whole and lightly sprayed it with my hot pressure washer. Now it is getting too much fuel. I fired it up and it spit gas out the exhaust and is leaking gas from around the compression release. What did I screw up that I need to fix?

hey guys,
I was cleaning one of my 365HD saws that ran beautifully the other day. Plugged all the whole and lightly sprayed it with my hot pressure washer. Now it is getting too much fuel. I fired it up and it spit gas out the exhaust and is leaking gas from around the compression release. What did I screw up that I need to fix?
I've had gas spit out of my exhaust before when I ate pinto beans.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I don't know of anything you could have messed up by spraying your saw down that would cause that.

I don’t either, unless something got distorted in the carb that would cause excessive fueling. Maybe the heat dislodged something and plugged the carb somewhere.

When you started it back up did you pull it a lot of time with the choke on?

No, pulled twice then saw gas leaking around the compression valve. Took the air filter off and saw remnants of gas in the carb, as well as gas coming out the muffler.

Wish I could help you. Did you take out the plug and clear all the gas out. If you didn't I would try that and run it a little and see if it clears up. I've had the symptoms you have but not from washing a saw.

Wish I could help you. Did you take out the plug and clear all the gas out. If you didn't I would try that and run it a little and see if it clears up. I've had the symptoms you have but not from washing a saw.

You end up rebuilding the carb? It’s funny the only trouble I’ve ever had doing this was from x-torq saws.

I'm just throwing this out there, I don't even know if its possible. If the water was very hot and heated the gas in the tank up maybe he pressure in the tank overpowered the fuel inlet valve.

No, just took the plug out and pulled on it until I got all the fuel out, emptied the muffler, dried the plug and started it.

This one keeps wanting to dump fuel, you can tell it wants to hydro lock when you are trying to pull it. Becomes noticeably harder to pull after 2-3 pulls trying to diagnose.

Back