365XT p/c on 365 Special case?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i believe you can as long as all the intake parts from the XT go with it. i have never done it though.

Have to have the plastics to go with it. Top cover and chainbrake handle. Handlebar still fits but it's tight as the top cover is taller.

A 365 XT jug is already a 372 jug, just with some baffles in the transfers to tune it down. Search on here and youtube on how to remove the baffles (if you haven't already). Yes, it would be easier to get a 372 jug since then you can reuse all of the other parts (top cover, etc.). But that's no fun.

The XT carb has the pulse line on top, not the side like on XP and the XT has a divider in it to seperate air/fuel mix and clean air for emissions. The intake boot has the same divider, too. My 365XT doesn't have the divider in the carb and it runs fine, just doesn't have the fuel economy as when stock.

As others have said, the top cover and chain brake handle are different.

My take on it is if you have the p/c then go for it. Nothing to lose.

Sounds like too much of a pain I guess. I was hoping it would be easier. Thanks for the replies.
Put a non-XT 372xp jug on it, that's a direct bolt-on - and the carb and intake is the same as on the 365 Special (assuming your 365 has a Walbro carb).

Latest posts

Back