37° Today‼ This is awesome‼

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit 40s today and allegedly will hit 50s tomorrow!

Little different from last winter....I am thinking this might be one of those late winter/early spring gotcha heating seasons, some triple whammy arctic blast late in the season.

I switched back to my regular stack, keeping the reserve real dry ash for the "gotcha" that I think is coming. I don't hit my oak or hickory unless necessary, like to burn up all the other stuff first.
Even if February turns frigid we're only 6 weeks away from the uptrend.

Not that I plan on seeing the light of day for a couple more months of weekends. I've for 4 kids in indoor soccer starting in two weeks.

Had a high of 3* yesterday. Wasn't bad though, I figured it was in the 20s, looked at the temp Guage when I went inside to grab some tools and it was -8*

If you guys need to thaw out a bit, come on down!
We saw a low of 52 this morning. It's gonna get up to 72 today.
This means my A/C won't run at all today :barbecue:

I'm going to Peosta one of these first days in March or April, is that anywhere close to you so I can take you up on that offer?

Was flippin 48 degrees today! Driveway is MUD-DE....gonna have a couple more days of this. Can't split, or cut. Oh well, getting stuff done in garage

I'm going to Peosta one of these first days...
Peosta will put you about two hours south and east of me... I'm located between Charles City and Nashua.
It's a pretty easy drive, but it would add about 4 hours round trip (plus porch time :D ).
I'll be headin' to Mendota sometime this spring to visit friends... is that anywhere close to your porch??

Depends on your route. If you go through Cedar Rapids and then take RT30 east, you'd go right by me. If you take RT 20 east to the river, I guess you'd bypass me by quite a bit. Keep me updated, I'll have the new porch started by April, it may not be all the way done, but we'll find a place to sit have some cold ones! I need to change my location I guess, since we've moved, now living in around Clinton.

Latest posts

Back