37° Today‼ This is awesome‼

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 18-year-old daughter has had pierced ears since... well... near forever I guess. She got the nose stud thing a couple years ago... we just 'bout experienced WWIII here, but the wife negotiated a piece (more like she pointed the nuclear armament at both of us and placed her finger on the "button"). Now the daughter wants more... but I've built my own armament, we're at a standoff and holding.

Anyway, 9:00 AM and already 37°, lookin' at something over 40° today... finally tossed some wood in the furnace 'bout an hour ago (but not much).
That's 27 hours between loadings, I could live with that for the remainder of the winter... I know, it's wishful thinkin', but there ain't no harm in wishin'.

I'm glad now after reading these posts that my wife had a boy LOL. I've always been told that having a girl, and especially when she reaches her teenage years, is payback for all the hell you gave your mom when you were younger. Hopefully I don't live to regret those words now........ :eek:

3 Teenagers here. 2 17 yr old girls and a 19 yr old boy. TEENAGERS SUCK. Although I can already see it starting to wear off. Can't imagine I will miss them when they move out, but I know I will. At some point anyway.

3 yr girl
4 yr boy
8 yr boy
12 yr boy
13 girl
14 boy
19 girl
me 39
Wife 32 ( third wife) :(
duuuude...no need to have a frowning face,, on third wife, or is it all the kids?? either way,, no need for a frown.. your paying for your kids, not the leftists crowd of this forum. taint no business of theirs, or anyone elses either.....

My 18-year-old daughter has had pierced ears since... well... near forever I guess. She got the nose stud thing a couple years ago... we just 'bout experienced WWIII here, but the wife negotiated a piece (more like she pointed the nuclear armament at both of us and placed her finger on the "button"). Now the daughter wants more... but I've built my own armament, we're at a standoff and holding.

Anyway, 9:00 AM and already 37°, lookin' at something over 40° today... finally tossed some wood in the furnace 'bout an hour ago (but not much).
That's 27 hours between loadings, I could live with that for the remainder of the winter... I know, it's wishful thinkin', but there ain't no harm in wishin'.
I'm divorced now almost 5 years. :) Some of what led up to it were the arguments you described. :( Maybe if I had some of those "nuclear armaments" you describe things would have been different. ;) Nothing really changed with her or the kids, they just aren't in my house anymore so I don't have to live with it. They are gonna do what they want to do. Just not in my house....just the way society is no adays....oh well water under the bridge..

Wish you luck in the next battle and stand your ground.:rock:

duuuude...no need to have a frowning face,, on third wife, or is it all the kids?? either way,, no need for a frown.. your paying for your kids, not the leftists crowd of this forum. taint no business of theirs, or anyone elses either.....
I'm happy , it just gets a little overwhelming at time's.

Warmed up 42 here this afternoon
Girls are painting nails here as well
I snuck out to split some wood all the women met me in town for lunch, they were going ice skating but too slushy
Blaster, keep smiling! The only reason I'm not on my 3rd wife is I got lucky and called the other 2 weddings off at the last minute! Way too close for comfort
I'm old with very little girls but they are priceless at this age and they keep me going

We made it up to 28 today and was mid 20's yesterday. Nice days for being out in the woods anyhow. Boiler has been idling along since yesterday morning at a few logs per load.

All my friends are giving me the hardest time, especially now that we are building a new house and I'll have weddings and college to help pay for and probably be in a wheel chair as much as I abused my body in the early years
Wood keeps me going mentally as well as physically
3 women in the house takes alot out of a guy

I am with you Guswhit I am out numbered 3 to 1 and the woods/wood shed is the only place I cant hear them these days. The 4 year old is my oldest and she likes to help but the attention span is a little short these days.

I am liking these warmer days also except for getting stuck in the mud yesterday during a thaw and trashing my yard while I was bringing a load up to the furnace. Looks like I will be hoofing it with the wheelbarrow for a while.

Latest posts

Back