371xp/372xp oiler question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zippy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've just had the oiler out on a new to me 371xp to replace the adjuster screw spring clip that was missing

The thin washer next to the worm drive was put on after - ie between the drive and the clutch - when I got it.

I noticed from an exploded parts diagram that it should be before the drive - ie between the collar and the drive - maybe that's how the clip went missing - caught by the worm drive arms?

I've rebuilt it like this but am concerned that it doesn't leave much clearance between the arms of the worm drive and the clutch assy - for example the clutch springs.

The top of the worm drive is now pretty much flush with the top of the collar.

I assembled in this order - collar, washer, worm drive, clutch, clutch drum, etc

Is this right? It's working fine now but I'm concerned in service the clutch might catch the worm drive arms whilst idling (ie clutch drum not moving).

Tks

I've just had the oiler out on a new to me 371xp to replace the adjuster screw spring clip that was missing

The thin washer next to the worm drive was put on after - ie between the drive and the clutch - when I got it.

I noticed from an exploded parts diagram that it should be before the drive - ie between the collar and the drive - maybe that's how the clip went missing - caught by the worm drive arms?

I've rebuilt it like this but am concerned that it doesn't leave much clearance between the arms of the worm drive and the clutch assy - for example the clutch springs.

The top of the worm drive is now pretty much flush with the top of the collar.

I assembled in this order - collar, washer, worm drive, clutch, clutch drum, etc

Is this right? It's working fine now but I'm concerned in service the clutch might catch the worm drive arms whilst idling (ie clutch drum not moving).

Tks

You have it right. Nothing to worry about.

Back