372 'case-stud/pin..."Sleeve".

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTwoodnutt

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Group,

I just started re-assembly of my 372XP, and it's the first one that I've done. :msp_smile:
'Been verrrrrry careful keeping all the parts together.....however...
I seem to be missing 2 or 3 tiny pieces.
- Looking at Husqvarna's exploded diagrams, I'd call these tiny little parts, "case alignment studs/pins".
Husqvarna calls these a 'Sleeve' [part # 501 27 08 01], and I need 2 of these.....1 for the Left Front of the case, and one for the Left Rear.
- I have the 'Protector' for the Right Front [part # 503 85 73 01], and I believe that
one of the above parts, fits into, and helps to align the two halfs of the case.
*(Am I correct here guys???). :confused2:

I saw one other tiny little hollow metal (?) part listed, that I don't think I have, called a 'Valve' [part # 537 04 0301], and it fits into a tiny hole on the Left Outside of the [plastic] housing.

I guess my questions are, do I REALLY need these (3) parts? :confused2:

I'll try my local Husky dealer tomorrow, but I was really hoping to get my saw working this weekend. :msp_scared:

Opinions on these?

Thankx,
CTwoodnutt -Western Ct Hillz :rock:

KKinda funny I never have missing parts when I put stuff back together but I always seem to have extra parts though:msp_scared:

The alinement pins are not really necessary because all they do is hold the gasket in place until the case halves are bolted together. The other part you mention is the vent for the oil tank. This is a part you would have had to intentionally removed, pretty sure they are pressed in and it would not have just fallen out.

NEW HUSQVARNA CHAINSAW OIL TANK VENT VALVE # 537040301 | eBay

HTML:
[quote="Roanoker494, post: 3520577"]The alinement pins are not really necessary because all they do is hold the gasket in place until the case halves are bolted together. The other part you mention is the vent for the oil tank. This is a part you would have had to intentionally removed, pretty sure they are pressed in and it would not have just fallen out.
^
:msp_smile:-----Thankx Roanoker494 ;)
That's Great news!!! :msp_biggrin:
And No, I didn't take that Oil Tank Vent out, so I'm 'Good To Go' for Saturday! :rolleyes2:

Lookin' forward to Firing it back up again! :chainsaw:

Thankx!

CTwoodnutt in the Western-CT Hillz :rock:

The case alignment pins are actually quite important. They correctly index the case halves, aligning the bearings and making the cylinder bolting surface flat. The case bolts do not take their place. You need to find or replace those pins.

Ok then I've got to get them!

The case alignment pins are actually quite important. They correctly index the case halves, aligning the bearings and making the cylinder bolting surface flat. The case bolts do not take their place. You need to find or replace those pins.

:msp_scared:
Thanks Brad!
I'm going over to my local dealer in the morning to see IF he's got them in stock, & if not I'll order 'em A.S.A.P. and just wait & do it right!

Thank You very much here!
I appreciate it.

Irv....in Western CT. :rock:

I agree with Brad 100%. You definitely need the alignment dowels.

With my new found knowledge I do believe I have one of those alinement pins in my bolt can, let me know if you want me to check.

I have punched the case pins out, but only out of one side of the case and couldn't find them either. Check in your case, they might still be in one side and you can see them.

Back