372 with Cannon Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firewoodpanaca

Big Fish Boat Rentals & Firewood
Reaction score
I have been cutting for a lot of years and I have never cut with a Cannon Bar. Would it be worth the money to put one on my 372? Thanks

9bacf8bdc7ff8a68054019c5630bae0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

no heavier then a comparable oregon. back in the day some were heavier but not all. my personal opinion on Cannon is they make a great bar that has it's place. for me i can pinch and grind a cheap oregon for one heck of a long time. i've never actually fully worn out a cannon while i have worn out many oregons. what i like seems to change every couple years but right now if i ain't running a stihl light i'll be running a heavy weight oregon. Cannon is of course better then oregon but i can get 2 oregons for the price of one cannon lol. in actual cutting you won't notice any kinda difference but if you do not care for the oregon it will be cutting ****** long before the cannon. i know alot of guys who don't maintain their bars worth a ****. buy the cheapest oregon and run it til it gets in an accident or starts cutting ******, then throw it away and grab a new one without even trying to true them up. i myself know how to maintain them well and appreciate a light weight bar so that's how i role.

It seems like any of the old school bars with a belly, like a Cannon, would be better. I don't know if they would cut noticeably better, but I bet you would spend less time trying to adjust the sag out of the chain. Seems like as soon as I get rid of the sag, it's too tight, then I gotta fiddle around to get it just right.

If properly maintained they will out last a lot of saws.

That's the key. If you know how to maintain and dress a bar, you will likely get a ton of use out of a cannon bar. I think most people give up on bars way too soon. I found a 20" Stihl ES bar on a log landing, never had the tip changed, looked like it had never been flipped. A new tip and a dressing and that thing will cut alot more wood.

OP, if you can take care of a bar, then yeah, go for a cannon and consider it money well spent.

Latest posts

Back