372 with muffler mods and 20" B/C, what size drive sprocket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
Reaction score
Should I stick with the stock 7 tooth sprocket, or does anyone recommend an 8 tooth for added speed? Most of the wood to be cut this outing will be in the 12-18" diameter. I looked for a few posts regarding this, but haven't found what i was looking for. Thanks

Steve

8 tooth rim will set you back about $5-6 and a trip to town. Not taking much risk there. From what I read on here about modded 372s it'll oughta pull a 8 tooth through concrete:)

Where do you race the 'stang? If you go to Mt Vernon I'm looking right down the track about 1/2 mile behind the starting line as I type this.

Butch(OH) said:
8 tooth rim will set you back about $5-6 and a trip to town. Not taking much risk there. From what I read on here about modded 372s it'll oughta pull a 8 tooth through concrete:)

Where do you race the 'stang? If you go to Mt Vernon I'm looking right down the track about 1/2 mile behind the starting line as I type this.

The stangs get raced at dragway 42 in west salem and Norwalk raceway Park. Never been to the track in Mt Vernon.

Back