372 X-Torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure dude. I could totally use an out of state shadow broker.

You'll be self employed but you'll get a 6-digit salary under the table + all the typical mafia benefits. I'll send a limmo your way tonight to help get ya setup. :) :cheers:

sweet....i gotta get the chickens rounded up..or can they come too?

Yep. :D

We're a rough bunch if you don't like chainsaws and camping. ;)

But other than that we're a bunch of cuddly wuddly cutsey wootsey bearded chainsaw goons. :)

:cheers:

10-4 on the NYCSM.

When that limo picks wiggs up, see if your connections can place a 560XP in the trunk of the limo for us here in Kentucky to try out.:D

I'm not talking about the what, I'm talking about the why. :)

Obviously they're doing it to keep selling the 372, but why?

If they could survive with completely replacing the 372 with the 576 then they would. They aren't doing it to be nice to their long and loyal customers, it's because they can't afford to lose the 372, literally - but they'd never admit that publicly. They'll say "We're doing this for our customers", but that's really not the case - it's just good marketing. They aren't gonna say "We can't sell the 576 that well so we have to find a sneaky way to continue selling the 372."

I don't dislike the saw, the saw itself is prolly pretty kick ass. But I find it funny that Stihl's biggest competitor has to do what they're doing to continue to stay as the biggest competitor.

It's like I said, if it's such a great idea then you'd see Stihl doing the exact same thing with the 440.

This is just my opinion, I have no actual facts to back up what I'm claiming is true about Husqvarna's executive decisions. Even if I'm wrong, I still think keeping the 372 around as a strato in disguise is a really crappy idea. It's just gonna keep the nay sayers of the 576 around a lot longer.

Nothing wrong with posting theories, when you admit that they are just that! :)

.... Since your teaching though maybe u could splain me about the reason for the 560 and 562, cause I'd be more interested in the explanation for that one. I know the NYCSM knows these things!:bowdown:

Yes, that is a good question - according to availiable info, the only difference is the bar mount pattern and .4lbs of weight.........:confused:

I'd keep focus on the 75cc 372xpw, if I had the option, even though I don't trust the specs (they have varied a bit)! :)

Well since everything is the same I should be able to put a regular 75cc topend on it if I don't like the way that one runs is what I was thinking. Specs don't really mean much to me as I think the 5.5 hp 372xpw run right with a 6 hp ms 460.

This will make no sense, and 2K and a few others will get a kick out of it, but I want to go on record with this before I get any feedback from the logger who is going to run that saw this coming week: I would like to see it fall short of the original, or "real" 372. That's not inconsistant, with what I've written earlier, cause I've been lukewarm on it from the get go. This is partly because I'm ready to move on to the 576, but mostly because I would hate to see the new version upstage the legend. Just wouldn't seem right to me.

As to my Godfathers' comment that Husky can't survive without the 372, I think he's had too much Sambuca with his canolies.

Maybe this thing should have been called the 572? Maybe us purists wouldn't have been all that offended. As I said earlier, the 372 is a well loved saw, and they are simply doing this to keep it in the line up a little longer. That's just good business, and even if it falls short of the original, as I hope it does, it's still a decent saw.

This will make no sense, and 2K and a few others will get a kick out of it, but I want to go on record with this before I get any feedback from the logger who is going to run that saw this coming week: I would like to see it fall short of the original, or "real" 372. That's not inconsistant, with what I've written earlier, cause I've been lukewarm on it from the get go. This is partly because I'm ready to move on to the 576, but mostly because I would hate to see the new version upstage the legend. Just wouldn't seem right to me.

As to my Godfathers' comment that Husky can't survive without the 372, I think he's had too much Sambuca with his canolies.

Maybe this thing should have been called the 572? Maybe us purists wouldn't have been all that offended. As I said earlier, the 372 is a well loved saw, and they are simply doing this to keep it in the line up a little longer. That's just good business, and even if it falls short of the original, as I hope it does, it's still a decent saw.

No prob Spike, I agree 100% with ya. If husky wants the 576 to take over, the old 372 has to die. Take the 372 model number out of the system. I would have been pizzed if Stihl named the 441 a 440. Even though the 441 was a good replacement, it will never be a 440.

It's SAYUMBOOOOKAAAH!!!! :) :D

Maybe the hot weather is making me dilude ridiculous theories beyond other's capacity for rational thought.

Just know that I didn't claim to be right!! :greenchainsaw:

according to the instruction manual in the photo on the ebay listing that skippy just posted, there is a 372xpg x torque and a 365 xtorque as well....

Spike--two questions

1. How does forecasted pricing on these compare to the regular 372s?
2. Are they indeed taller than the normal 372 like they were supposed to be?

Thanks!

Last edited:
according to the instruction manual in the photo on the ebay listing that skippy just posted, there is a 372xpg x torque and a 365 xtorque as well....

Spike--two questions

1. How does forecasting pricing on these compare to the regular 372s?

Thanks!

I believe Spike is working on the answers, but I understand that the xtorq he got was not impressive initially.....

The existence of a 65cc version is old news, but I still have seen no evidence.

Spike--two questions

1. How does forecasted pricing on these compare to the regular 372s?

Thanks!

My cost on an X-Torq 372 went up about $10 from the old version. "G" versions of most saws are usually $50 to $60 more than the regular model. The top cover is about 3/8" taller on the XT. Only seems obvious when viewed from the front and you see a larger gap between the muffler and top cover. Still not sure on the displacement of the new XTW either.

I was also told that they have bagged the idea of a 365XT. Not much point in doing that with the 562XP on the way.

Word from Barney34 is that the saw is running nice, but has a smaller sweet spot than the old one. Have to see how she breaks in.

Also, they must have gotten another container in, because the two that were supposed to be on backorder til Aug 25 showed up last week.

Back