372 xp Black Ignition Coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizkid

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to purchase things like unlimited coils and dual port mufflers for 372 xp's? Appreciate any help.

Used coils are all over Ebay.

I don't think there is a DP 372 muffler. There is a jungle muffler with an unscreeened pipe out of the side. It is easy to add a second port with a 288 deflector.

Still new to the site and have very little chainsaw knowledge, the black ones, I understand, do not have rev limiters correct? I just got my first xp and am wanting to incrementally play with the power by starting with bolt on power first like muffler and ignition. I will then want to see about porting. After using a 455 Rancher then acquiring the 372 xp I'm very impressed. Basically same weight but two totally different saws. This is going to be fun.
On YouTube I ran across some videos by the chainsaw guy that interested me in starting with exhaust and ignition first. Do this a little at a time I can tell from experience which mod the saw responds to the best.

I ordered my coil from baileys. For the muffler mod just take your time and remember you are only putting a larger hole in a can. If you screw it up then buy another muffler.

The 372 blue coil is set at 13,500. That's fast enough for even a dual ported muffler on a 372.

I bought an unlimited coil for my 346xp and put the blue on my 372 its limited to 14100 and the 372xp will never see those RPM's and its happy at 13800.

Ok, thanks for input. I'll try muffler first and see what kind of gains I get. I appreciate all the info.

The 372 blue coil is set at 13,500. That's fast enough for even a dual ported muffler on a 372.

I was thinking they were like 13k? Or maybe that's the 385/390 coils??

Either way, I like the unlimited cause you can actually hear when and if the saw is running lean. A limited saw just sounds like its 4 stroking when its lean....

Most threads I've searched said the muffler mod really brings this saw to life. If this is true I will be stoked as, remember, I just moved up from a 455 to the 372 xp. Life keeps getting better.

I have five 372's and four 365's and a 362. Some have dual port mufflers and a ported or big bore and ported.

Others have stock porting and some of these have dual ports and some don't.

After having some of each, I don't have any overly compelling desire to dual port a stock saw.

A stock 372 or 365 runs pretty good the way it is with the original top outlet muffler. There's no big outstanding response to opening up the muffler alone. I don't have any mufflers with the single tube outlet.

Now my 76.4 cc 372 with the 064 Meteor piston and huge ports has a muffler with a big cut out in the front of the muffler and brace. That works good but sets the bark on fire in a buried cut.

Latest posts

Back