372 xpw cylinder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not alter the ignition timing on a 372.
After timing cuts with and without doing it I've noticed enough of a gain to be worth the time. One good thing (for those learning) is it only takes a few minutes and if it doesn't work with the mods done then just loosen it back up and return it to its original position.

I wasn't aware that the 350 coils interchange with the 372..any other models?

I put my 357xp coil on my 576xp. I haven't used every single one on every single model, but they're all seeming to work if they're that same shape coil.
That's why mastermind is asking for the limited blue ones from 346xp saws. They're limited at 14,100 or something like that.

I have heard that many of them interchange... I would never have thought the 350 and 372 would cross over though. That's good to know.. Thanks Jim! :)

Yeah I'm thinking about poking a hole in my 576 and putting an unlimited coil on it too. But I wonder if the autotune will either over rev or never get high enough to need it.

Here's a few pics of the 50mm VS the 51.4mm jugs......

50mm on the left, 51.4mm or the right. See the difference in the transfer tunnels?

Now, here is a 50mm jug. The passage on the right is the main transfer port for this side of the engine. Notice it's width.
How interesting. I did not even notice the difference in the transfer tunnels, and I have both the
371K and 375K here. Both are the circular saw equivalents of the 372, with a few minor differences.

If I can upload the photo, here are three jugs, from the 371K (50mm), and 2 Chinese 52mm big-bore upgrades.
Note the aftermarket 52s do not have this tunnel restriction. I did verify my 375K does have the
restriction. Since Husky did not make a 375 chainsaw, I can see why you got the jug for the 375K cutoff
saw. Jugs_1.jpg

Anyway, nice photo, MM, and thanks for posting all the good info. Porting one of the jugs right now.

Yeah I'm thinking about poking a hole in my 576 and putting an unlimited coil on it too. But I wonder if the autotune will either over rev or never get high enough to need it.
You may not really need an unlimited coil for any other purpose other than getting the carb perfectly tuned after mods, or if you're racing.

The auto tune keeps the right tune at whatever rpm you're running, so it wouldn't act as a limiter.

OK, the 372XPW uses the same engine/block/carb as the 375K. Apparently, the muffler is
quite different, as I just found out.Husky375_3.jpg

Latest posts

Back