372 XPW Info Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gregn

gregn

ArboristSite Member
I am looking at buying a used 372XPW. How do I confirm that it is really a XPW other than the sticker on the flywheel cover stating so? I want to make sure it is what it is and not someone placing a XPW sticker on a XP model. It may not help but here is the serial # 082100569. Thanks in advance for any help!

w8ye

Addicted to ArboristSite
This should say XPW

attachment.php

Andyshine77
I don't think all the XPWs had a larger bore, but I may wrong. I believe most where nothing more than a XP with a full wrap and large spikes.

Correct, the change to 51.4mm bore on the xpw was around 06 or 07. There should also be a sticker on the top of the saw with the displacement on it. The only true way to tell is obviously to measure the bore/piston.

mowoodchopper

mowoodchopper

Polar Bear
Correct, the change to 51.4mm bore on the xpw was around 06 or 07. There should also be a sticker on the top of the saw with the displacement on it. The only true way to tell is obviously to measure the bore/piston.

andy the pic on your avatar, what muff is that , and does it have three holes drilled in the front

Andyshine77
andy the pic on your avatar, what muff is that , and does it have three holes drilled in the front

Haha that's a 7900 that Ed ported for me, it's actually not black, that I did with photo shop. Yes it has the holes drilled in it, I plan on having it coated with black oxide, black chrome would be ever cooler.:rock:

Last edited:
hamish

hamish

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
There is no real means to know for certain unless it is a later version and has the larger bore, and you do some measureing! Serial number tags and a starter cover sticker being swapped can turn a 365 inot a 372/375 in a heartbeat.

Latest posts