372XP free bee

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am enjoying watching your rebuild. I hope to get a chance to run it when your done. I hope your daughter has a happy birthday today.

Thanks for everything, I hope you do get to run it. That saw WAS tired, ring end gap was almost 3/16":jawdrop:

I guess I'm going to do a thinner gasket and remeasure the port timing again. I found a very good thread on port timing and measuring duration...
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=113678&highlight=printable+degree+wheel
Thanks for a great post Troutfisher!!

I might try measuring the duration and see what I come up with that way.

Last edited:
My numbers right now are:

Exhaust 100
Transfers 124
Intake 80

I might try measuring the duration and see what I come up with that way.

You calculate the duration from the port timing numbers. Right now you have:

Exhaust 160
Transfers 112
Intake 160

I wouldn't go any higher on the exhaust or lower on the intake. Just widen them to 70% of bore, measured straight across the chord. Raise the transfers no more than 4° and widen them as well.

Some use a torch, some use feeler gauge, I just spot when it opens by eye, no torch except spotting the trans when opening through the plug hole.
All methods work fine, just that you can come up with different readings from one method to the next.

Yeah widen for now as you can always go back in later if needs be.

It will certainly run well.

Thanks for everything, I hope you do get to run it. That saw WAS tired, ring end gap was almost 3/16" :jawdrop:

Sounds like someone put the wrong size ring in it.

Everything looks great. I wish I had a lathe or at least access to one again not to mention free 372s to play with.

Porting is complete

Exhaust 98*
Transfers 119*
Intake 80*

Just need to put it back together now.

Anybody wanna guess where the compression will be?? I'm hoping for 180psi +...

Porting is complete

Exhaust 98*
Transfers 119*
Intake 80*

Just need to put it back together now.

Anybody wanna guess where the compression will be?? I'm hoping for 180psi +...

Those are very similar numbers to mine and its at 160, although, my rings may be worn, I never checked end gap.

Latest posts

Back