372xp teardown!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirkDiggler23

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How do I take apart the two case housing on this 372xp? Im pretty sure Ive got all the bolts out just cant seem to get it apart. Do I have to physically put some force to it or what? I dont wanna break it though.

Thanks
Dirk Diggler

The crank is a press fit onto the bearings which are a press fit into the case.
Ideally you want something like this...
images (3).jpeg
You can get them apart without a case splitter, just be careful not to damage any of the mating surfaces.
Assuming you plan to replace the seals you can warm the crankcase around the bearing pockets, the aluminum will expand faster than the steel helping to release the parts. A good heat gun does the job nicely.
How come you're splitting the case?

Im guessing that the bearings in the crankcase seals are bad. Keep in mind My buddy gave me this saw that was sitting in a trash pile outside for who knows how long. I cannot get the crank or fly wheel to move not the slightest inch. Thought it might have just got moisture down there and rusted up. But after spraying break free and gear oil still want budge. Thanks for your help though.

Latest posts

Back